Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to let odoo calculate lead time based on Bill of Material automatically?

By
Anran Di
on 2/16/15, 11:10 AM 922 views

I have created a product and created a list of Bill of Material associated with this product. Components are purchased from suppliers, and I have specified the leadtime of each component.

I want the system to know the overall leadtime of the product, and it should be able to calculate leadtime automatically. That is, once I change leadtime of one component, the system should recalculate the new overall leadtime based on the information I input.

Can odoo calculate leadtime automatically based on leadtime in bill of material? If a special module/app is required to install, can anyone recommend it to me?

Thank you!

Hi Anran,, can you please state your purpose too,,, for giving you an efficient answer

Baiju
on 2/18/15, 9:46 AM
Hi Baiju,

I am using Odoo to manage inventory and purchase order. Since the leadtime is long, I want Odoo to tell me when should I make a purchase order. I don't want to calculate overall leadtime by myself and keep tracking of lead time all the time. Do you know how to solve this problem? Thank you!

Best,
Anran

--

Anran Di
Supply Chain Analyst
SwipeSense, Inc.
+1(734)709-8687
www.swipesense.com

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 8:46 AM, Baiju KS <baijuks@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Anran,, can you please state your purpose too,,, for giving you an efficient answer

--
Baiju KS
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post How to let odoo calculate lead time based on Bill of Material automatically?

Anran Di
on 2/18/15, 10:12 AM

Akhil P Sivan

--Akhil P Sivan--
| 5 3 6
Kochi, India
--Akhil P Sivan--

Interested in exploring Odoo both technically & functionality wise.

email-id : akhilpsivan01@gmail.com

Akhil P Sivan
On 2/18/15, 11:58 PM

Hi Anran,

Odoo can automatically calculate the lead times based on bill of material.

Please refer this link to have a better idea: https://doc.odoo.com/5.0/book/5/5_15_Manufacturing/5_15_Manufacturing_lead/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/16/15, 11:10 AM
Seen: 922 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM