Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
When a manufacturing order is generated, you can directly start the manufacturing process and Odoo will pick the raw materials from its warehouse (without waiting any warehouse issue order), then it puts the manufactured products to its warehouse (also without waiting the internal transfer from the “production warehouse” to the “manufactured products warehouse”.
This is not what we want in real life…
Suppose this real scenario, you have a manufacturing company with a warehouse split to these warehouses:
- RMWH for the raw material warehouse
- ENDPWH for the manufactured products warehouse (End products)
- MNFWH for the manufacturing warehouse (real warehouse to control its IN/OUT moves)
Rather than the virtual warehouses such as “the production warehouse”.
The work cycle should be”
- The Manufacturing process should wait an internal move to the raw materials from the “raw materials warehouse” RMWH to the manufacturing warehouse MNFWH before starting the process.
- When all the raw materials available, you can start the manufacturing order.
- Once finished, the warehousemen should do an internal move from the manufacturing warehouse MNFWH to the manufactured products warehouse ENDPWH.
So, how can we force the manufacturing order to wait stock moves between the company warehouses?
Manufactured product ABC, material XYZ, you set:
- ABC view, check only Manufacture in Supply Chain Information
- MNFWH check Resupply Warehouses RMWH
- XYZ view, check Supply Product from RMWH
- Route Supply Product from RMWH higher priority then route Buy
- In MNFWH for XYZ set pseudo MTO
- Create Route with Push rule for ABC, MNFWH->ENDPWH (or Pull rule pseudo MTO in ENDPWH, for transfers to this warehouse)
- ABC view, check this route
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 1/24/15, 11:45 AM|
|Seen: 2453 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|