This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I believe that the normal behavior in the “Make To Order” procurement method is to directly generate a procurement order from the sales order regardless the stock quantities.
However, consider a company using this method for certain products and (for some reason) this product has a stock in the warehouse, what should this company do?

Consider in your mind that this product should be treated using “Make To Order” method, and the company is not planning to save stock from it (nevertheless an unplanned event happened).

Should a new procurement method created like “Make To Order Considering Stock” or there is a solution for this problem from the settings?

Discard
Best Answer

You can apply a trick (tested in V8), pseudo MTO (Make To Order).

1. Use method MTS  (Make To Stock)

2. Create Reordering Rule with Minimum Quantity=0 and Maximum Quantity=0

With these settings, product will first be taken from the stock, if no stock, procurement on requested quantity difference is immediately (after run scheduler!) generated.

Discard
Author

Doesn't work. Did you try it yourself?

Cron Mrp Scheduler works? Set cron run time eg. 1-5 minutes, not one day.

Author

I set the OP as you said then ran the scheduler!! The OP seems to not work at all

You see Procurements, exists active with Source Document = Reordering Rule Sequence?

V7 or V8? Trick tested in my V8.

Author

Yes worked!!! WOW, thanks zbik

Best Answer

I spent too much time searching for a solution for this problem before, but unfortunately with no use.

Discard

also zbik's solution worked for me...