Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to edit report based on webkit report ? [v7]

By
Yassine TEIMI
on 5/30/15, 10:00 AM 479 views

I want to know how to edit a report based on webkit. I have already two potential solutions, but i need some help on it :

1. Change the webkit report from technical/actions/reports. but when trying to display any report on form view this error rises :

Client Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/web/http.py", line 204, in dispatch

response["result"] = method(self, **self.params)

File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/web/controllers/main.py", line 1128, in call_kw

return self._call_kw(req, model, method, args, kwargs)

File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/web/controllers/main.py", line 1120, in _call_kw

return getattr(req.session.model(model), method)(*args, **kwargs)

File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/web/session.py", line 42, in proxy

result = self.proxy.execute_kw(self.session._db, self.session._uid, self.session._password, self.model, method, args, kw)

File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/web/session.py", line 30, in proxy_method

result = self.session.send(self.service_name, method, *args)

File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/web/session.py", line 103, in send

raise xmlrpclib.Fault(openerp.tools.ustr(e), formatted_info)

Server Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/web/session.py", line 89, in send

return openerp.netsvc.dispatch_rpc(service_name, method, args)

File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/netsvc.py", line 296, in dispatch_rpc

result = ExportService.getService(service_name).dispatch(method, params)

File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/service/web_services.py", line 626, in dispatch

res = fn(db, uid, *params)

File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 190, in execute_kw

return self.execute(db, uid, obj, method, *args, **kw or {})

File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 132, in wrapper

return f(self, dbname, *args, **kwargs)

File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 199, in execute

res = self.execute_cr(cr, uid, obj, method, *args, **kw)

File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 187, in execute_cr

return getattr(object, method)(cr, uid, *args, **kw)

File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/report_aeroo/report_xml.py", line 387, in fields_view_get

transfer_modifiers_to_node(modifiers, deferred_node[0])

IndexError: list index out of range

2. Edit the .mako file, Is there any software to edit .mako file extension ?

What is the fastest and easiest way to do it ?

Thanks.

Indeed I have the nighlty build april 2014, If I understand you well, the solution for this error is to upgrade for later server version that contains this bug fix ? if yes how to upragde server ? and what consequences can happen ? Thanks.

2015-05-31 22:18 GMT+01:00 Michel Hugues <contact-epicerie-gourmande.com@mail.odoo.com>:

A new answer for How to edit report based on webkit report ? [v7] has been posted. Click here to access the post.

--

Cordialement

Yassine TEIMI

Consultant & Chef de Projet
TEL : +212 6-27 33 30 78
Yassine TEIMI
on 6/1/15, 6:18 AM
Michel Hugues
On 5/31/15, 5:18 PM

For error try to upgrade server.

My experience on webkit: Odoo v7 server nightly build august 2014 -> webkit report generate error. Odoo v7 server github install may 2015 -> webkit work great.

But server update = backup database ... work ... and new bugs !! Be careful

Bug examples :

1/ module auth_cryp hang on install, so if this module is install in our database prior un-install it (with passwd reset link)

2/ weigth in delivery slip is always empty

3/ most others I have not yet found ...

If you discover another one, be sure to inform us. Thanks.

Indeed I have the nighlty build april 2014, If I understand you well, the solution for this error is to upgrade for later server version that contains this bug fix ? if yes how to upragde server ? and what consequences can happen ? Thanks.

Yassine TEIMI
on 6/1/15, 5:44 AM

If you really want use webkit reports (and when i see error log) you must update your server. How to upragde server=Usually it's simple but it can sometimes be very complicated depending on the modules you have installed in your database, and sometimes almost impossible if your database is not clean. What consequences can happen=Impossible to say, each case is almost a special case. Backup database, backup server source, backup server communautary modules, backup ged if not in database and test it, there is no easy solution but sometimes a lot of work ...

Michel Hugues
on 6/1/15, 10:59 AM

News: i have problems with my updated server, webkit work, but ... I believe there is too much change between the two update, (stock.picking) ... i try to investigate webkit don't work with nightly build august 2014.

Michel Hugues
on 6/1/15, 12:22 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/30/15, 10:00 AM
Seen: 479 times
Last updated: 6/1/15, 6:20 AM