This question has been flagged
11 Replies

The new website builder has a selection of themes and we can edit the HTML of a page, but there does not seem to be a way to alter the header or footer. How can this be done? Can we create a new theme?

Discard
Best Answer

I found this way to alter the style sheet of an existing template (e.g. the online-shop).

• On the Website go to: Customize -> HTML-Editor
  • Choose 'Main layout' from the selection box
  • Add your custom style sheet just before the closing </head> tag

Also you can change the footer if you select 'Automatic footer' and 'Footer Copyright' from the selection box.

Discard

It doesn't work buddy

Best Answer

Take a look here http://www.slideshare.net/openobject/odoo-create-themes-for-website. You basically create a new theme in your custom addons folder with the structure explained there and select it later.

Discard
Author Best Answer

I'm using the online version, so editing source files is not an option, I don't think. I see how to edit the HTML on any page, but not the CSS. I also cannot see how to add new CSS files or Jquery scripts. I also do not think I can create a new theme other than to edit the existing files. Does anyone know something that I am not seeing?

Discard

Hi.

Fabrice suggested that I contact you and see whether we could submit themes to you to add to our Odoo Online website, or possibly for other sites for our clients.

We are experienced web developers and are evaluating the platform to use for our clients. We have developed many site themes for a variety of platforms, including Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, and Adobe Business Catalyst. We are also highly experienced with Bootstrap and Foundation frameworks.

I would like to know if we could create themes using either of these frameworks and submit them for inclusion and/or sale in the Odoo web CMS. We could alter them easily to embed any necessary code to work in your environment if you give us the documentation to support this.

I am very excited about the prospect of promoting your platform to our clients, as it give us and them a great advantage over other web CMS platforms on the market.

Please let me know what is possible.

Thank you.

Bruce Letterle | Managing Director | Red Lab Media
700 River Avenue | Suite 213 | Pittsburgh, PA 15212
office: 412-755-1001 ext. 5020 | cell: 412-999-9093 | bruce@redlabmedia.com

From: Fabrice Henrion (fhe) [mailto:fhe@openerp.my.openerp.com]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2014 9:01 PM
To: Followers of False
Subject: Re: False

I'm pretty sure it is not possible to add a theme if you are using Odoo Online because it requires to have access to the server and add new files there to make them appear in the themes list. However, I have heard that the Odoo Online team would accept to add themes themselves if a user asks them to and sends them a theme to add. So I suggest you contact online@openerp.com and ask them.

__
Fabrice Henrion
Director Americas

OpenERP Inc.
51 Federal Street, Suite 401
San Francisco, CA 94107
Tel: +1 (650) 307-6736
http://www.openerp.com

Sent by OpenERP Inc. using OpenERP. Access your messages and documents in OpenERP

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

Fabrice, this is what I sent. It went to online@openerp.com. I have repeated it here again.

Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2014 11:47 AM
To: 'online@openerp.com'
Subject: FW: False

Hi.

Fabrice suggested that I contact you and see whether we could submit themes to you to add to our Odoo Online website, or possibly for other sites for our clients.

We are experienced web developers and are evaluating the platform to use for our clients. We have developed many site themes for a variety of platforms, including Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, and Adobe Business Catalyst. We are also highly experienced with Bootstrap and Foundation frameworks.

I would like to know if we could create themes using either of these frameworks and submit them for inclusion and/or sale in the Odoo web CMS. We could alter them easily to embed any necessary code to work in your environment if you give us the documentation to support this.

I am very excited about the prospect of promoting your platform to our clients, as it give us and them a great advantage over other web CMS platforms on the market.

Please let me know what is possible.

Thank you.

From: Fabrice Henrion (fhe) [mailto:fhe@openerp.my.openerp.com]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2014 9:01 PM
To: Followers of False
Subject: Re: False

I'm pretty sure it is not possible to add a theme if you are using Odoo Online because it requires to have access to the server and add new files there to make them appear in the themes list. However, I have heard that the Odoo Online team would accept to add themes themselves if a user asks them to and sends them a theme to add. So I suggest you contact online@openerp.com and ask them.

__
Fabrice Henrion
Director Americas

OpenERP Inc.
51 Federal Street, Suite 401
San Francisco, CA 94107
Tel: +1 (650) 307-6736
http://www.openerp.com

Sent by OpenERP Inc. using OpenERP. Access your messages and documents in OpenERP

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

Best Answer

Hi Bruce,

I'm new on Odoo and for my own, i do this :

login on your website, then hit  "Customize"--->"HTML editor" and then select "Main layout", you should see at the end of the page (in my case) :

<div class="container mt16 mb8">
                        <div class="pull-right" t-ignore="true" t-if="not editable">
                            Create a <a href="http://openerp.com/apps/website">free website</a> with
                            <a class="label label-danger" href="https://openerp.com/apps/website">OpenERP</a>
                        </div>
                        <div class="pull-left text-muted">
                            Copyright &amp;copy; <span t-field="res_company.name">Company name</span>
                        </div>
                    </div>
                </footer>
            </div>
            <t t-if="website.google_analytics_

HM

Discard
Best Answer

The best solution would be to make a module.

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/8.0/howtos/themes.html

Everything that is added to the templates to overwrite the existing css - only produces larger files, additional http requests, and thus unnecessary amounts of data

in a brand new theme you can change the variables in bootstrap, you can also omit parts that are not needed, or you create a design from the ground up

Discard
Best Answer

Silly question, but how do you bring your wordpress website into Dreamweaver, files and folders and all?

Discard
Best Answer

You can add custom css to website

<template id="assets_frontend" inherit_id="web.assets_frontend">
    <xpath expr="." position="inside">
         <link rel="stylesheet" href="/your_module/static/src/css/sheet.css"/>
    </xpath>
</template>

You write your css in the new file. The existing css will be overridden

You can watch this on YouTube !

Also refer : how to change the theme In odoo?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Bruce,

If you are asking about how to change OpenERP web client theme, then I have a tutorial guild to build an addon to change it at http://erptalk.net/threads/tutorial-customize-login-page-with-yourstyle.210/ ; it's may not a good approach but hope could help you as workaround solution.

ThanhMD

Discard
Best Answer

Apparently new themes are going to be installable as data-only modules when v8 is released - this is how it will be possible to create and install you own themes when running on the Odoo Saas, for example.

In the meantime I have resorted to applying my own stylesheets to override the bootswatch based ones that Odoo gives you out of the box. If you are on the Odoo Saas then you will need to store your stylesheet on your own domain. Once you have a css file you want to use to override what you are given simply use the html editor to edit the template 'Theme' like so:-

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<t name="Theme" t-name="website.theme">
    <link id="bootstrap_css" rel="stylesheet" href="/website/static/lib/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.css" t-ignore="true"/>
    <link id="website_css" rel="stylesheet" href="/website/static/src/css/website.css" t-ignore="true"/>
     <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//www.mydomain.com/mycss.css"/>
</t>

You add the line in bold - it should then change the theme for all pages in your system. If you base your theme on the bootswatch css - then there's the least chance that future changes to the Odoo templates will not work with your theme.

Discard

In the start/v8 demo (evidently saas5) there is no template called 'Theme' that can be accessed from the html editor. The template called 'Saas Website' seems to hold similar xpath instructions and you can instead put your stylesheet link immediately after the reference to saas_website.css.

Best Answer

Can I follow the same instructions explained here https://www.odoo.com/documentation/8.0/howtos/themes.html to build a theme for OpenERP 6.1?

Thank you.

Discard

No

Howto explains how to créate a front end theme...

You are looking for backend theme...