Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to change the title of our web page in browser?

By
Pascal Tremblay
on 12/24/14, 8:03 AM 4,263 views

Hey guys! In your Odoo implementation, are you able to change the window title on top for each page? 

For example, in this moment, I have « Ask a question - Odoo » for window title. 

Thanks

Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc

--Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
| 5 4 9
Pondicherry, India
--Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--

Passionate coder in Python/OpenERP. Knows Django/Flask MVC frameworks. Did code in Java, PHP.

Contact me at: dvdhinesh.mail@gmail.com

Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
On 12/24/14, 10:21 AM

Goto Website -> Promote in top right corner -> Reference Your Page -> Change Title.

thanks!

Pascal Tremblay
on 12/24/14, 10:42 AM
samir
On 4/8/15, 4:19 AM

Thanks Dhinesh. Time saver!

Stan
On 4/1/15, 6:37 PM

Hi Leonardo,

Please can you create this module and post it? because this sounds very complicated. id like a module so that i dont have to edit the code in odoo.

id really appreciate it.

Leonardo Donelli

--Leonardo Donelli--
| 5 4 8
Cave, Italy
--Leonardo Donelli--

Physics student and part-time developer.

Leonardo Donelli
On 3/21/15, 8:36 AM

If you want to change it without installing the website module and/or you want to do it in an external module, check my answer to the same question on stackoverflow.

Sum up: you have to inherit the web.layout template and replace the title element, and extend the init method of the openerp.web.WebClient JS class, call super then add the line: this.set('title_part', {"zopenerp": "Your Title"});

Thanks!

Pascal Tremblay
on 3/21/15, 9:01 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/24/14, 8:03 AM
Seen: 4263 times
Last updated: 4/8/15, 4:19 AM