This question has been flagged
5 Replies

I have a requirement where the product is purchased in units, and sold in kilograms. Example You buy 5 sack of rice (each of 100 kilograms), store it in inventory, and sell it in kilograms or grams, in retail.

How to encode this in odoo?

Discard
Best Answer

It will not be possible for you to buy in UOM Category (Unit) and sell in UOM Category (Weight).  To accomplish what you are trying, you will need to add some extra UOMs to the Weight category.  For instance, if you buy by the 100kg sack, you could add a SACK100KG as a UOM in the Weight category. 

• Create new UOM with category Weight

• Set the type to "Bigger than the reference Unit of Measure" 

• Set the ratio to "100"

• Choose a reasonable rounding ratio

• Make Active

Now just purchase your product by the SACK100KG UOM, and you will be receiving 100kg of product for each 1 you receive.

The numbers above assume you still have Kg as the reference measure for Weight category (this is the Odoo default)

Hope that helps.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Go to Settings of the sale and activate the option: Some products may be sold/purchased in different units of measure (advanced).

Then you can achieve the thing that you are looking for.  Also, have a look at the doc provided by the Odoo : https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/10.0/inventory/settings/products/uom.html

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Kevin,

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/11.0/inventory/settings/products/uom.html

This documentation will help you to configure multiple UOM.

Thanks.

Discard
Author

As far as I understand. you can purchase and sell in different uom. Provided the condition that the uom belong to the same uom category. My actual question was if it was possible to buy in one uom category(units in my example), and sell in another uom category(kg in my example). I think it's impossible without custom coding. Is it possible using packs??

Yes, it is doable without customization, by enabling an option, You have to create new UOM and adjust the ratio. or use existing one.

and go to product and set their sale and purchase UOM as per your need.

Once you will create so it will take different UOM and for PO it will use different UOM.