Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to apply field level Access rights for user ?

By
Sohail
on 6/1/13, 9:41 AM 3,893 views

I need to apply field level access right for a user in point of sale module. The main problem I face is the entire stuff is in Javascript and I need to manage user access inside the POS.

As of OpenERP 7.0, you can create field level access rights. You can achieve this by adding the groups attribute in your field definition in the module:

_columns = { 'secret_key': fields.char('Secret Key', groups="base.group_erp_manager,base.group_system") }

In your case, you will have to inherit the target class in the point_of_sale module

However, I am facing another issue that is mentioned in this link http://help.openerp.com/question/9937/how-to-display-a-view-with-one-field-removed-for-certain-groups/

Osoul for Technology and Software Development
on 6/5/13, 8:20 PM

Sandeep

--Sandeep--
| 6 5 8
Delhi, India
--Sandeep--
Python OpenERP Developer http://in.linkedin.com/pub/sandeep-rana/3b/a16/786/
Sandeep
On 6/6/13, 9:21 AM

You can achieve this by adding the groups attribute in your field definition in the module: create your special group in your module

<record id ="mygrou_id" model="res.groups">
       <field name="name">My special group</field>
     </record>

in view file add this group in your particular field

<field name"myfield" groups="my_module.mygrou_id"/>

plz remember to add user for this group

Thanks
Sandeep

This will only hide the field in that specific view. Meaning the field can still be viewed using XML-RPC or customized views. It only has cosmetic effects and not security.

Osoul for Technology and Software Development
on 6/6/13, 5:55 PM

This will hide field for other group how can I make that field read only for other group and write permission for other group

Vaibhav
on 7/16/13, 7:40 AM
Dharmesh Rathod
On 6/1/13, 10:48 AM

Hi,

OpenERP is providing access rights on object level. You can create groups and apply "groups" attribute in XML.

Email : info@acespritech.com
Blog : acespritechblog.wordpress.com

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/1/13, 9:41 AM
Seen: 3893 times
Last updated: 8/29/15, 9:46 AM