This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I need to apply field level access right for a user in point of sale module. The main problem I face is the entire stuff is in Javascript and I need to manage user access inside the POS.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

OpenERP is providing access rights on object level. You can create groups and apply "groups" attribute in XML.

Email : info@acespritech.com
Blog : acespritechblog.wordpress.com

Discard
Best Answer

You can achieve this by adding the groups attribute in your field definition in the module: create your special group in your module

<record id ="mygrou_id" model="res.groups">
       <field name="name">My special group</field>
     </record>

in view file add this group in your particular field

<field name"myfield" groups="my_module.mygrou_id"/>

plz remember to add user for this group

Thanks
Sandeep

Discard

This will only hide the field in that specific view. Meaning the field can still be viewed using XML-RPC or customized views. It only has cosmetic effects and not security.

This will hide field for other group how can I make that field read only for other group and write permission for other group

Best Answer

As of OpenERP 7.0, you can create field level access rights. You can achieve this by adding the groups attribute in your field definition in the module:

_columns = { 'secret_key': fields.char('Secret Key', groups="base.group_erp_manager,base.group_system") }

In your case, you will have to inherit the target class in the point_of_sale module

Discard

However, I am facing another issue that is mentioned in this link http://help.openerp.com/question/9937/how-to-display-a-view-with-one-field-removed-for-certain-groups/