Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
From an invoice, I click Register Payment. However, Payment Method includes only two items: Cash (USD) and Bank (USD). My invoice, journal, and accounts relating to this transaction are all in NGN and that's how I want to record the payment. Where can I add a new Payment Method such as Cash (NGN)?
Payment Methods are Journals of type Cash or type Bank and Checks.
These are managed via the menu sequence:
Accounting --> Configuration --> Journals --> Journals
You can define a currency for each Journal when you set it up, and you need to check the 'Allow multi-currencies' option from the menu sequence:
Settings --> Accounting
EDIT: To address followup question:
To understand OpenERP you need a mixture of
- Experimentation - use the software, try different things
- Reading the source code - look at the Python and XML, Activate Developer mode, review patches, use debug mode
Learning from others - use a search engine every time - I do this before I use the forum search
- forum posts - including those from the old forums at http://forum.openerp.com/forum/
- bugs - learn where at https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/1077
- feedback - including http://feedback.openerp.com/forums/77459-general-improvements
- Twitter - to understand the conversation others are having hashtag #openerp
- videos, blogs, slides
Make sure you know about all of the Documentation sources (and more details on blogs, videos and slides) at https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/6817
Specifically for your question:
1) The link between a payment method and a journal, it is discussed at https://doc.openerp.com/v7.0/book/3/3_6/invoice_payment.html/
2) That the TYPE of Journal is important, can be found by looking at the XML that defines the dropdown. You can activate developer mode (https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/83/) and examine the XML that defines the form view. (The Edit FormView option in the debug dropdown on the Payment screen). You can see the XML definition for payment method is:
<field name="journal_id" domain="[('type','in',['bank', 'cash'])]" ...
In order to create a Payment Method is POS in Odoo , the following steps needs to be followed :-
First thing which is required is to be done is to create a ACCOUNT, by following ACCOUNTING>CONFIGURATION>ACCOUNTS. We can either copy any exiting account or create a new one depending on the requirement
After creating an account, we need to create a JOURNAL, which is in turn a PAYMENT METHOD for our Point Of Sales. During this journal creation we would assign the account created by us in the previous step. The Journal can be created either following POINT OF SALES>CONFIGURATION>PAYMENT METHOD Or ACCOUNTING>CONFIGURATION>JOURNALS
Now once the Payment Method is created as described above, we need to add the new Payment Method to the Point Of Sales by following, POINT OF SALES>CONFIGURATION>POINT OF SALES. Here we need add the new payment method under “AVAILABLE PAYMENT METHODS”
Now we can use the payment method created.
Hope it helps!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 7/27/13, 9:55 PM|
|Seen: 24931 times|
|Last updated: 3/18/17, 8:01 PM|