This question has been flagged
6 Replies

I cannot find where to change the fields on the website contact form or to enable any kind of notifications.

Discard

Hi Bruce, I'm also interested in custom fields and actions as well as multiple contact forms for different purposes. I believe it's possible to do with a proper understanding of Qweb (https://doc.openerp.com/trunk/web/qweb/). You can edit the contact form by logging into your administrator account (on the master branch) and then go back to the website frontend and click on the contact form. Once you're there click Customise >> HTML Editor and you should be looking at the QWeb code for the contact form. Unfortunately i'm only just learning this myself so I can't offer any valuable input, however if I figure this out i'll post back here with an answer.

Author

I spent some time poking around and here's what I found. 1. Submitting a form does not appear to send an email notification to anyone. At least I don't seem to have received one at my system email addresses. 2. A form submission creates a Lead with notes. I tested sending one that already existed as a customer, and it still created a Lead and did not connect it to the existing contact. 3. In the backend under Settings->User Interface->Views I find a couple of QWeb views that have the Contact Us page and Contact Us form code. I'm OK with changing HTML, but how do I add a field? Don't I need to add the fields to the database first?

Hi Bruce, In regards to email notifications, have you setup an incoming/outgoing mail server in Odoo? There's a quick tutorial that can be found here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoHPgtsM2fA if you need. In regards to adding a field, are you wanting to add custom fields or ones that are already existing somewhere (eg. extra information on leads such as address, etc.)?

Best Answer

Still half-way through to the final solution but here is what I did:

1. Select 'Organize Sales activities into multiple Sales Teams' in Sales configuration.  This should add an menu item 'Sales Teams' under Sales > Sales.
  2. Open 'Website Sales' in the newly added menu item, and add yourself as a follower.  Click on the drop-down button next to the text that says 'Following' and select 'Lead Created'.

With this setting, a message record is created (Settings > Technical > Email > Messages) with you as a 'Notified partner' once a lead is created based on a message sent from the contact form.  However, the 'Type' of the message is by default 'System notification' instead of 'Email', which means the systen does not send you an email.  If you can change the default value for Type to 'Email' you should be able to receive emails but I haven't figured out how to do it.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi all,

I would like to have multiple contact forms for different purposes in a single web page. How to do that ?

Regards,

George Vincent

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Bruce,

It's not easy to change the contact form. You have to know some HTML and edit the code manually, but this may be dangerous if you are not familiarized with it. The messages will arrive into your Open-Odoo system, so you can read all of them there.

Regards,

Juan José - Ing ADHOC

Discard