This question has been flagged
1 Reply

My compnay dealing with 3 currencies INR, USD, CAD Company currency usd. I have one bank account "bank-123456", but i have make 3 currencies transactions with this one bank account. As per my knowledge on openerp, i have to create three bank journals for this one bank account. Those are 1. bank(usd), 2. bank(INR), 3. bank(cad). I have little confussion on giving default debit and default credit account for each journal. I am creating 3 accounts for one bank account 1. bank account (USD), 2. bank account (INR) 3. bank account (CAD). Creating journals like this 1. bank(usd):  debit and credit account= bank account(usd), 2. bank(INR):  debit and credit account= bank account(INR), 3. bank(cad):  debit and credit account= bank account(CAD). What my question is, is it mandatory to create 3 accounts for one bank account to make transactions in 3 currencies? Why can't with one account which is in Company currency.   

Discard
Thank you deep, to keeping  your effort on my problems. I got one more problem  today. Please check this 
https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-can-i-use-multiple-taxes-in-one-transaction-in-openerp-7-62966

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 6:49 PM, deep <deepa4lok-yahoo-com@mail.odoo.com> wrote:

A new answer for How can i do bank statements with multi currency in openerp-7? has been posted. Click here to access the post.

--
deep
Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post How can i do bank statements with multi currency in openerp-7?

Best Answer

Not necessarily...

But if you want to do transactions (i.e payments/receipts) in diffferent currency other than company, then yes you have to create different accounts & journals for each.... Otherwise you need not worry about it...

For instance: say US dollars, then there might exist a scenario of paying/receiving money in US dollars, so naturally you must have account in US dollar to deal with this...

Refer this: Accounting

Discard
Author

Thank you deep, It's helping allot. Can you give answer for other questions of me?. I want to change the profit and loss query, but i unable to find the where that query is?

Author

Hi deep, Please give me a reply for this question. https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-can-i-toggle-a-button-based-on-field-value-62724