This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I am able to insert blocks in website builder, it is possible to chage the background of that particular block. I want to  change the website background color. Is it possible?

Discard

Hello samba, can you give me more details or share your image what you want

Thank you Gandhi for quick response. My website has background color white. I want to change this color. I am able to change the blocks background color. But unable to change the total website background color.

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 12:29 PM, Ankit Gandhi <er.ankitgandhi2013@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello samba, can you give me more details or share your image what you want

--
Ankit Gandhi
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post How can i change website background color?

--
--

Thanks and Regards,

Sambasiva rao,

I have seen, a theme exists for website, so install that module which will provide different themes with different colors, in that module do have a look at it, you may get some ideas so as to change the background color/ menu color etc...

Thank you Deep. So it's not possible to change the background color from website options. We have to change the code. That code change is depend on theme what we are using. Does all existing theme code follows same code structure or different structures? 

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 1:28 PM, deep <deepa4lok-yahoo-com@mail.odoo.com> wrote:

I have seen, a theme exists for website, so install that module which will provide different themes with different colors, in that module do have a look at it, you may get some ideas so as to change the background color/ menu color etc...

--
deep

--
--

Thanks and Regards,

Sambasiva rao,

Thank you Stephen, Great Answer. I need one more answer. I have inserted a website block from "insertblock" option in website builder. when i go to that block back ground, there i have few colours only. Is it possible to add some more colours to that?

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 9:40 PM, Stephen Mack <smack815@gmail.com> wrote:

A new answer for How can i change website background color? has been posted. Click here to access the post.

--Stephen
odoo
(I'm not an odoo employee just playing around with the signature feature)

--
--

Thanks and Regards,

Sambasiva rao,

Best Answer

Not an easy answer to your question...

The correct answer is that you need to develop your own theme for your website, build a module and install it (so that the files do not get over written during updates).

The fast answer is that you can edit the CSS files and change the colors to be whatever you want, however they can get over written depend on how you apply patches to Odoo.

Discard

Altough not an expert with web site buildings and css and html5, it seems to me the Odoo web site architecture should use widgets for more flexibility for users. A widget enabling the definition of background colors would have been usefull in the above case.

Remember that the CRM and eCommerce modules are new to version 8. So like all new software they are still in major development. There will be many new changes in version 9. However I don't think there will be a widget to do what you are suggesting.

Right, the web site apps is new!. The question is "How to ensure the whole community that the web site "by Odoo " will reach excellence and how long it will take." This is not a critic but I believe that users need to know that before investing. Time is counted in our brave new world!