Both my outgoing and incoming servers have been tested and pasted the connection test.
But when i send an email from the messaging in the crm, i do not get an error and the message is never received on the other end. I tried to look for a log but couldn't find one.
Anyone have any ideas on next steps I could try to troubleshoot this?
- Check your alias domain at:
Settings -> Configuration-General -> Settings: Alias Domain = your-domain.tld
It should be the same as the outgoing server uses as smtp.your-domain.tld
- Check the scheduler settings. The Scheduled Action "Email Queue Manager" will send it. It runs every hour, by default.
At: Settings -> Technical -> Scheduler -> Scheduled Actions -> Email Queue Manager
you can edit that.
There are different things, you need to check.
1) Email Server Configuration: You need to check this first. But you have done it already as per your post.
2) Email status in Setting/mails menu you need to check whether the email status is shown as delivered or failed. That is the log for you.
Based on the email status, Check the following
1) If it is not delivered for anybody:
a) Check the email id of the customer b) Check the email server configuration and restrictions in proxy or gateway.
2) If not delivered for some people:
a) Check the email id and try to send it from other email clients(outlook) b) b) Check the email server configuration and restrictions in proxy or gateway.
Hope it helps.
Check the email template defined in the Settings->Technical->Email->Templates and make sure the configuration is correct. You can edit this section and the edit will not be reverted when server restarts as email templates are defined in the data tag with an attribute noupdate="1". Your problem will be in retrieving values for the fields in email template. If possible provide your email templates's xml code.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 7/11/13, 8:13 AM|
|Seen: 8913 times|
|Last updated: 8/30/16, 7:19 AM|