This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I've got 6 users that need to use different modules but I'm the only one that needs access to all of them. If I add a user to say the manufacturing module and set it up so they don't have access to the sales module are they charged for all the modules installed on the database or just the ones they have permission to use?

Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

Users are not charged for Apps/Modules - they are charged user licenses - the same fee no matter what they have access to or use.

If you are referring to the Online edition, in addition to the license fee PER USER, there is a monthly fee PER APP/MODULE.  The monthly fee per APP/MODULE is the same for 1 user as it is for 1,000,000 users.

https://www.odoo.com/pricing

Odoo Editions where licensing is required:

Enterprise

• licensed per active internal user (no matter what modules are installed or used)

• licensed per active internal user (no matter what modules are isntalled or used)

• additionally licensed per App/Module (not related to users, related to installing them)

Discard
Author

Thanks Ray,

Took me a bit to figure out how to get the karma needed to comment.

Hi Ray,

But if I installed new apps and created new user into enterprise version after already paid one year subscription.
then how odoo will calculate user and apps prices for customer?

If you only use the Apps and number of Users you will not pay anymore. If you install extra Apps or create more Users we will bill you the difference. Also this information is out of date. The same pricing exists for both Odoo Online or Odoo on premise with additional hosting and storage for Odoo.sh.

Author Best Answer

Hi Ray,

You're saying that if I buy the Enterprise version I can have as many as 5 users (for the $1800 per year) who can all use any of the apps/modules installed on the database and that the database comes with all the apps/modules?

Thanks.

Discard

Yes. All users get access to any and all modules. The database comes with the Apps you choose to install. Plus you get access to all Community (free and paid) modules - those extra modules are not available with the Online Edition.