Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Create Task from eMail?

By
Robert Klüsener
on 9/2/13, 8:08 AM 4,222 views

Can I create a task from an eMail / message in my inbox?

I do not want to create a task from an email automatically by sending it to a specified address. I want to create a task from a message I have in my inbox.

Try navigate to Settings > Configuration > Project > Helpdesk & Support then check the box for "Create issues from an incoming email account" to specify the Inbound email address and choose "Project Issue" on the Issues to perform.

I haven't yet discovered how to set the interval, perhaps somebody more knowledgeable may advise.

Free Office Solutions
on 9/2/13, 9:32 AM

Thank you for the answers. But I do not want to create a task from an email automatically by sending it to a specified address. I want to create a task from a message I have in my inbox.

Feuerwear GmbH & Co. KG, Robert Klüsener
on 9/4/13, 12:20 PM

that is not possible, but you can simply resend that email for the functionality described in the other answers.

Felipe
on 9/4/13, 1:28 PM

Ok So not possible now but a good idea ;)

Tuxservices, Jeudy Nicolas
on 9/4/13, 5:33 PM

Try navigate to Settings > Configuration > Project > Helpdesk & Support then check the box for Create issues from an incoming email account to specify the Inbound email address and choose Project Issue on the Issues to perform.

I haven't yet discovered how to set the interval, perhaps somebody more knowledgeable may advise.

Jeudy Nicolas

--Jeudy Nicolas--
| 6 7 8
PELOUSEY, France
--Jeudy Nicolas--

- Linux administrator - Functional guy with OpenERP - Python, html, css, javascript developer OpenERP Ready Partner

Jeudy Nicolas
On 9/3/13, 7:54 PM

Hi,

Enable technical functionality on your user account.

Then go to setting -> technical -> email -> incoming email and add + setup a new entry. You should fin all field you need !

Ask if this is not the case.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/2/13, 8:08 AM
Seen: 4222 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM