This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi, is it possible to create a new account type (the existing ones are Payable, Receivable, etc.)? I am using Odoo v14 EE. Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

We don't recommend this.

Account types have logical meanings that affect the internal operations of Accounting.

Use Account Groups or Report Configuration to split and/or group accounts.

Learn how to customize financial reports at https://www.odoo.com/documentation/16.0/applications/finance/accounting/reporting/overview/customize.html and more about account groups at https://www.odoo.com/documentation/16.0/applications/finance/accounting/getting_started/initial_configuration/chart_of_accounts.html#account-groups

Discard
Author

Thank you! I would create account groups under the appropriate type then.

Correct. If you want to split Assets into three sections on the report, create three groups. All accounts must have a group so for the types you don't want to split just create a single group and assign all accounts in that group to it.

Hi, so, Can't I create a new Accout Type?

No, "We don't recommend this."

Hi Ray,

Your feedback over the question is much appreciated.

It is, nevertheless, a suggestion. Would you mind sharing the menu item or configuration that allows you to establish a new account type?

Thanks!

There is no such Menu or Configuration. There is no functional need for a new type and all requirements can be met by the reporting framework.

Hi, Mr Ray
I want to separate Cash on Hand and Cash in Bank in the Balance sheet because there are multiple accounts under the two how can separate if there is no option to add/edit account types. Thanks

Use Account Groups or Report Configuration to split and/or group accounts.

Thank for the answer Mr. Ray, i had already set Account Groups but still i does not separetly appeared on the Balance Sheet. Still appearing was all accounts under Bank and Cash Account.

I am using odoo 16 version. Thanks

Hello Mr Ray, i had already followed your instruction of Account Grouping, just a follow up question why the grouing are no reflecting on Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statement, only on Trial Balance

Hi Ray, what do you mean by report configuration to split. Could you please give examples for both ?