Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can Odoo 8 be installed on Debian 6 ?

By
Ryan
on 9/14/14, 6:47 PM 1,386 views

I have spent the better part of the afternoon trying to install from a .deb, add the repos to my sources and install with aptitude and finally installing via git+python and none of them result in a working odoo server.

Installing via apt-get or the .deb file will install fine but odoo will not start and there are no logs or output that really gives much of a clue why

Trying to install from git results in this:

error: pathspec 'master' did not match any file(s) known to git.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 162, in <module>
  File "<stdin>", line 154, in main
  File "<stdin>", line 144, in cmd_setup
  File "<stdin>", line 95, in cmd_setup_git
  File "<stdin>", line 39, in run
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 540, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '('git', 'checkout', 'master')' returned non-zero exit status 1

I have upgraded python to 2.7.8 which I thought might have been causing some of this but still nothing is working.  Is there any way to get Odoo 8 installed on this system?

thanks

Yesterday I simple added on sources.list the odoo master (v9.0 alpha1) repositories, update, upgrade then apt-get install openerp and installed flawlessly in a fresh Debian Wheezy Netinstall installation. I should try on v8 RC_1 and try.

Sebastian Bollatti
on 9/17/14, 10:31 AM
Hmm, I did exactly this with a V8 RC_1 and odoo refused to start.. No messages telling my why, it would say [ok] when the server command was run but it wuold never actually start on the install with aptitude doing what you describe :(

From: "ERBE Industria Metalurgica SRL" <comunicacion@erbe.com.ar>
To: "Ryan" <netflow@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 10:31:57 AM
Subject: Re: Can Odoo 8 be installed on Debian 6 ?

Yesterday I simple added on sources.list the odoo master (v9.0 alpha1) repositories, update, upgrade then apt-get install openerp and installed flawlessly in a fresh Debian Wheezy Netinstall installation. I should try on v8 RC_1 and try.

--
ERBE Industria Metalurgica SRL
Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post Can Odoo 8 be installed on Debian 6 ?

Ryan
on 9/17/14, 4:21 PM

Get into this folder: /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp-RC(whatever)/ there you will find a few files, the requires.txt is the one that you should have a look and check if you got all dependecies installed that odoo needs.

Sebastian Bollatti
on 9/17/14, 5:32 PM

Last night were some changes on nightly releases and have now the same issue after upgrade. Odoo does not start.

Sebastian Bollatti
on 9/17/14, 7:49 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/14/14, 6:47 PM
Seen: 1386 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM