This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have a product 'CS screw 3.5x12mm' that i use in Manufacturing BOM's, so my UoM is 'Units', but i have multiple Vendors that can offer this type of screw. And some package them in boxes of 1000 and some in boxes of 10.000.

It seems a bit strange that the 'purchase unit of measure' is linked to the product.

I would expect it to be different per line in the Purchase table.

Perhaps even the same vendor can sell them in different UoM at different prices ?

Or am I missing something ?        

Discard
Author

I have looked into the packages, but that seems to be targeted to sales rather than purchase.

https://siasky.net/dACmunnNpDc-TqYyZLMl9ifom6jSAOONTtfw0MAPsYSuMA

I would like to have a second line here with a different UoM, but it is not editable, because it seems fixed per product.

Did you manage to sort this we have a similar problem
So we can not add in the all our suppliers with out it looking really complex on the purchase order - which will just lead to mistakes and wasted time

Here is an example
supplier min order Qty UoM price (per pack)
Supplier CC 2 (packs of 4) pack of 4 £1.82
Supplier CC 3 (packs of 4) pack of 4 £1.56
Supplier CC. 5 (packs of 4) pack of 4 £1.34
Supplier W 1 (Pack of 100) 100 £54.77

Once our products are brought in we then split them and sell them in different units of measure again so we can not really do it a s "1 pack of" else how will we know if its 1 pack of a 100 or 1 pack of 4? some suppliers will supply both these size packs

Be great if anyone had a solution

A more detailed version of our problem
https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/product-unit-of-measure-uom-212649

Best Answer

You can define different packages for that purpose.

Discard

Once our products are brought in we then split them and sell them in different units of measure again so we can not really do it as "1 pack of" else how will we know if its 1 pack of a 100 or 1 pack of 4? some suppliers will supply both these size packs