This question has been flagged

Quick question,

Use variation and packaging.
I am able to order different variation of a cable in a roll 100m and a cable drum 500m
Use pieces of this cable in field service, so for example 70 meter and another job 30 meters.
Also i only want to sell the full size roll and drum on my website.

The problem is the 100m roll and 500m drum have a different supplier (product)number. In field service i sometimes use pieces of a roll and sometimes from a drum till there is no cable left. 

What is the best solution for this ??
My problems :
- Odoo does not know if i use pieces from a 100m roll or 500m drum in field service.
- In odoo it is not possible to use different barcodes for different packaging.
- How do i configure that i can use pieces in field service but only full lenght in website.

P.S. i use different variations for different cable types.

Thanks in advance,
Bram

Discard
Best Answer

You might need to use lot/ serial number functionality to track partially consumed roll/drum.

Discard
Author

I will research this option thank you !

Is there not an option to sum up the total length of the drum, roll and pieces.
Then when i sell or buy it substract or add to this total product

So for example i have
- 17 x 1m = 17 meter barcode 11111
- 2 rolls x 100m = 200 meter barcode 22222
- 1 drum x 500m = 500 meter barcode 33333

Product cable Barcode 12345
17 + 200 + 500 = 717 meter

When i sell drum with barcode 33333
Then barcode 12345 = 717 - 500 = 217

When i purchase roll with barcode 22222
Then barcode 12345 = 717 + 100 = 818

Thanks in advance

If you use the functionality of packages you will be able to add different products to it. What you unfortunately can’t have is a barcode as each package is unique with its own set of products.

While Packaging and its barcodes represent x units of the product. In your example below a roll is 100 units and drum is 500 units. A unit of this product is 1 mtr.

You are always selling or buying in multiples of the unit and not the packaging .. i.e 100 * 1mtr or  500* 1mtr and not 1 roll or 1 drum.

With lot/ serial numbers, you can identify a batch of the product. A batch could be 12345 which was 717 units and after selling 500 units from the batch you are left with 217 units.

Hope have been able to differentiate to clarify between these 3 concepts.