This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Step to reproduce:

1 Fresh DB > Install: Contact; MRP; Inventory; Purchase; Sale; Invoicing; 

2 Enable > General configuration > Inventory > Enable Routes

3 Create a product with BOM with subcontracted 

4 Create a PO, add product, in the tab other information select Dropship, Select customer

5 Confirm PO

6 You will get this message:

The operation cannot be completed: - Create/update: a mandatory field is not set. - Delete:     another model requires the record being deleted. If possible, archive it instead. Model:     Production Order (mrp.production), Field: Operation Type (picking_type_id)

Suggestions ?

Discard

Is the 'buy' route enabled for the product? Since it is being procured using a PO.

If the product has to be drop shipped to customer, the flow is usually triggered by confirming an SO.

Author

Hi @Jaideep thanks for your comment!

The process can also start directly from PO, without going through SO.
For clarity I am attaching a video.

https://recordit.co/VeTaHdI3rp

In the first phase of the video the product does not have an active BOM, in fact it allows to confirm the PO without problems.
In the second phase of the active video, the BOM for the same product and the PO can no longer be confirmed.

P.S. This is a fresh DB

Author

and yes i have tested also with the 'buy' route, but same story :(

Author

@Mindaugas Paulauskas
nothing, same story:
https://recordit.co/UexdyRZfXR

Hi Elvis,

Thanks for checking and confirming. I would try and eliminate a couple of options and complete the same tests again.
1. Not to select the Dropship option on PO with a subcontract BOM
2. Maintain a regular BOM (w/o) subcontracting and not select dropship
3. Maintain a regular BOM (w/o) subcontracting elect dropship option on PO

Just to isolate if it is dropship or subcontract or combination of both that is causing the issue.

Author

@Jaideep Thanks for your reply!

1. Not to select the Dropship option on PO with a subcontract BOM > Working
2. Maintain a regular BOM (w/o) subcontracting and not select dropship > Working
3. Maintain a regular BOM (w/o) subcontracting elect dropship option on PO > Not Working

Thanks Elvis for testing and isolating.. seems like a bug and not sure how to report it

There is a related post, which has suggest a work around for this error. Hope this might solve your issue as well.

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/v14-how-do-i-get-a-subcontracted-product-to-be-delivered-directly-to-an-external-address-chosen-in-a-purchase-order-195636

Best Answer

Do we have a solution for this other than the workaround of creating another warehouse? Thanks!

Discard
Best Answer

hi, will not answer why(but quite often odoo gives some cases :) ). so after you create product and etc. go to product, purchase tab and one more time reassign the same vendor. i have caused the same error, after that all process goes.

Discard
Best Answer

hi 

you already produced the product on MRP 

I Suggest to create another Product  and archive the old with Subcontracting to allow this process 

try it 

Discard