This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi

I create Bottle of Drink 750ml product with UOM Bottle 750ml (see below). Then created Glass of 250ml product which will be using Bottle of Drink 750ml in the BOM (see below). Issue is if I make sale of Glass 250ml and check SALES ORDER and Delivery Order RESERVED Quantity doesnt not match with Initial Demanded Quantity. (see below) I think Bottle 750ml Unit of Measure ratio is the issue here. Therefore, Odoo ask to create BACKORDER because of not matched quantities. (see below). question is 

HOW CAN I MAKE RESERVED QTY (997.50ml) SAME AS ORDERED QTY (1000ml) AND NO BACKORDER CREATED?

HERE IS THE SALES ORDER and DELIVERY ORDER LOOK LIKE.

Discard
Author Best Answer

I configured the UOMs as you mentioned. ml is reference and 250ml, 750ml bigger than Reference UOM. Created new products and applied new UOMs to the products. Created BOM for Glass 250ml. Used Bottle products and 1x 250ml UOM. I made purchase of 750ml Bottles everything is fine.  Then made a sale of Glass 250ml. see below.

Discard

4 Bottles of Wine is 12 glasses. An order for 3 glasses needs only two Bottles. In this example, what happens to the 2/3 of the second Bottle that is left after pouring three glasses? Can it be used for the next order of Wine?

Author

Hi Ray, 3 Glass of 250ml = 1x Bottle of 750ml. Yes 2/3 opened Bottle can be used for future Glass 250ml Orders. Why doesnt Odoo RESERVE 4x 250ml but reserves 3.99x 250ml? In this example, Why is Reserved Qty never be same to Initial Qty?

Author

I have just tested, ordered 3x 250ml, Delivery Order is correct this time, Initial qty and reserved qty 3x 250ml are same. BUT when ordered 1x Glass, Initial qty 1x 250ml and RESERVED qty is 0.99x Glass. Again some how not matching.

Best Answer

You will get what you expect if you define the Reference Unit of Measure as milliliters instead of using Liters. 

Deactivate Liters (as well as the other Volume Units of Measure) and define the following Units of Measure:

Discard
Author

Thanks Ray. I tried what you said. See below screenshots. I think there is bug in Odoo.

Author

By the way, I have latest build of Odoo 12 as of today