Skip to Content
This question has been flagged
2 Replies

When I try to print the product label in V7, the name of the product is always blank. This is done under warehouse, products, tick the products I want, Click on Print, select Products Label. It prints the internal refernace number, price + currency, barcode, but blank name.

Any solution?

Discard

Check the print out settings in your report editor. It might give you a clue to what is happening

Best Answer

Hi Chaaya Chares,

Currently in OpenERP v7, in Products Label report, blank name shows product's Variants name('Variants' Field),

for example, Open any Product, Just type any string in Product's Variants field, and print Products Label Report, you can see your string instad of blank name

if you want to show product name, you must do changes in 'product/report/product_label.xsl'. in this file just replace

<para style="nospace"><xsl:value-of select="variant"/></para>

with

<para style="nospace"><xsl:value-of select="product"/></para>

Now restart your openerp server and update product module, after updating module you can see product's name instead of blank name in Products Labels Report.

hope it works for you.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks Ghanshyam Prajapati for pointing me in the right direction. I checked addons\product\report\product_label.xsl and found a bug there. It is actually supposed to print the product name and the variant, but there is a bug in the expression that extracts the first 80 characters from the product name. to fix it change the expression: substring(product, 1, pmaxChars) to substring(product, 1, $pmaxChars)

And you don't need to restart anything. It should work.

Cheers Charles

Discard
Related Posts Replies Views Activity
Mar 15
Sep 24
Aug 24
Apr 24
Apr 24