This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi,

For handling repairs of customer goods I created a route and rule that will on a sales order create a IN move from partner/customer to my warehouse.

This all works, but I have a problem with validating the IN move. I would like to trace the goods with serial number, so the option is ticked at the product and for the operation create new is selected. This is also fine, I can add in the IN DO the serial number in the line and see it also there, but when pressing the validate button always following user error pops up: 
"You need to supply a Lot/Serial number for products....."

But there is a serial entered and also visible in the product line. Could it be that thee is a bug in the validate_button action, or I am just to stupid to find the issue?

Br, Andi

Discard

Can you please share us with image of that scenario? so might be we can trigger out.

Author

I uploaded the screenshots here, if there is a better way to share please let me know:

https://ibb.co/J292krP
https://ibb.co/R3fFgRt
https://ibb.co/HGGHL8G
https://ibb.co/WPwGfnq

Author

For products configured without serial/lot required it works.
So if the cause is a wrong route I would expect also that these products would not work.
Any idea what is wrong?

Author

But maybe Iam doing it anywaywrong.

We are repairing/refurbishing customer items.

I would like to do this via sales order, and Tasks.
So I will make a quot for a customer, and as soon he brings the goods I wold like to have a move from customer to my warehouse/repair location. And also a DO from it back to the customer, so I can also print that I received the goods.
To track the goods I would create a unique serial for them.
When the repair is finished the DO back to the customer is confirmed and a invoice is generated.

I checked the repair module too, seems I could better handle it with SO.

In addition I create a project task for each item to repair. And link it through a additional field to one serial/lot number.
Via the task the work steps are done and the important here, all necessary documentation is attached to the task.

What is not fully clear to me is the right way to configure the routs and rules. And when I do it as posted, why do I get this error? Or do I need a additional reorder rule, or how to handle this case.

The good should come from the customer location. If it is a recoming customer it could be that the product/serial is already there, if not it needs to be generated. Do I maybe need an additional rule her to fill this up in this case to be able to move it from customer to my location?

Thanks inadvance for any help and suggestions here.

Br Andi

Author

(Anlieferungen=Receipts)

This should be the same operation type, just in german. But I will check.

Could you myabe also share the operation type details so I could be sure that it is the same?

And inthis scenario the product need not to exist in customer location first?

Author

Hi Jaideep!

Yes, this way it works. But I find it a bit confusing and unclear how it works. Why cant the snr not directly in the line be added? And why is the serial not shown in the line after entering and confirming in the extra window?
Just a empty line is displayed and after confirming suddenly the serial appears as tag out of nothing in the line. Not very intuitive.
https://ibb.co/qRXngfH
https://ibb.co/qjT6Zks
https://ibb.co/YXcRfHY

But anyway don't know if there isn't a better approach to archive what I want. As now after knowing how to confirm the IN move I found out that I need to manually select again product and the right serial for the OUT delivery back to the customer.

Is there a better way doing it? Per SO I would need a stock move with either a new serial, or if the device was already one time here with an existing serial number from customer to my repair warehouse, and after repair (which is handled in a project task) the device should go back to customer with a DO of the same SO. Ideally already filled with the snr and product of the IN move (which is unfortunately not the case).
After that I create the invoice which should also have the snr of the deliver OUT printed on it. But seems this does also not work here with the IN and OUT move within the same SO.
Any better way doing it? Would really like to be able to trace the movement of the devices. My tasks are then linked to the lot_id.

Br,
Andi

Author

Hi! Seems to work, but with a small detail missing.

I have now a push and a pull rule in one Repair route. So I push from customer to WH/repair and pull from WH/repair to customer.
This basically works as expected, (when doing the serial assignment as you described). But this way the stock on customer location gets -1, and as soon the shipped back 0.

Is there any way so if product not on customer location (eg. was sold previously) it will be created, or moved from a virtual or other location to the customer?

Hi Andreas,

1. Yes, if you use both the rules (push and pull) in the same route the reservation method would ensure the same serial number is carried through.
2. I believe you are not able to add the serial number on the line as you require to create one, you might probably be able to add if they are created in advance but not assigned to product.
3. This is not a product that was in stock at customer location hence the inventory is -1 and then nets off when delivered. If your use case is that you sell a product A to customer and that specific product A is repaired, then you could have the repair route selected for product A on sales order line.

Not clear why you looking to have a 0 inventory (and not -1) at customer location. To me it seems like a very good way to filter and keep track of which customers' and how many of their products are currently in repair in your location.

Hope this helps

Author

Thanks Jaideep;

1. I updated it to two pull routs, which is even nicer, as the second one is waiting for the first one.
2. You are right. Just a bit confusing why I am able to enter it in the field as new one.
3. It is no product I previously sold. It is a product the customer bought somewhere else and he brings it for refurbishing. It is nice to track it this way, but the problem with -1 is that as soon I send it back it is again 0 on customer location.
There could be the case that the customer brings the same product again, and then it would be nice to select the serial that is already in the customer stock, but it seems this is not possible when it is 0 at customer location.
I can also not do a repair route on it as it is 0.
So the -1 is fine, but in the end of the process it should end up with +1 on customer stock. Maybe I can use a Virtual location that fills customer location up if needed when product not available there, but did not manage to get this working.
As I found out Odoo will always take the shortest rule, and if there are two rules pointing to customer, it will for example only do the virtual -> customer one.
Any other way to adjust the stock so I end up having the repaired/refurbished good in the end with a stock of 1 at customer location?

Br,
Andi

Best Answer

It is likely you are adding a serial number which is already assigned to a product. You can validate the serial numbers assigned from Inventory -> Products -> lots/serial numbers

While receiving product you can use the detail operation tab to create a new serial number and then confirm

The field on the receipt operation is empty prior to validation. Which is the only difference from your screen shot.

On validating the receipt serial number is populated on the line. 

Hence suspecting that you might be using a serial number that is already used or assigned to a product

Discard
Author Best Answer

This should be the same operation type, just in german. But I will check. (Anlieferungen=Receipts)

Could you myabe also share the operation type details so I could be sure that it is the same?

And inthis scenario the product need not to exist in customer location first?

Discard
Author

This shouldnt be a answer, but a comment to Krishna Bhalala answer.
Unfortunately you need "karma" to do here anything. I can not comment on a Answer and now I even cant delete my wrong postet Answer as karma is required. :-(
Bit strange system.

Best Answer

Hi, For your scenario with given Rule works for me with given Operation type, Can you please try with that

Discard