This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I might need some help identifying why an expected behavior is not working here.

Let me explain what I checked so far.

System is odoo 16 with base US language installed at first and 2 additional languages added later: namely UK and Poruguese (Portugal)

I have checked the Report Template in developer mode in the Technical->Reports menu.

There are two:

and when going into the first one while pressing the QWeb/Views smart button I have:

when I click on it I get:

and there are no inherited views.

If I check the same thing for the 2nd Quotation/Order Action name (the one that's not for repairs but the one for the sales model) I have a completely different set of inherited views where I can get to the translation of terms for the Portuguese language.

And this one works for the normal quotations. But not for the Repairs quotations.

Does anyone know where I can translate the Quotation/Order PDF for the Repair model so that when a Portuguese Partner receives the document it will indeed go in Portuguese?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hello Cybrosis and thanks for your input.

I understand what you're saying and that is exactly the behavior I was expecting but it is not how it's happening.

Let me show you:

The following test repair order is set for a customer called Test Contact

The test contact has the Portuguese/Português language set:

And the print out comes out like this:

The only string that seems to have been translated is the Units into Unidades.

Otherwise the problem is as I have described it initially. I should have said in my post what I was expecting the result to be to save you the trouble to explain it, but I thank you for your concern.

I am still unable to pinpoint the reason I am having a different result than you.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

By default setting this customer's language to desired language should print the quotation in that language.

When the partner language is set

The repair order sent would translate like this by default

Regards

Discard