This question has been flagged
5 Replies

I am working on odoo 11.0 . How to create portal user in odoo. All the information on Net regarding portal user creation is on previous odoo versions. I am unable to see the setting to activate portal user in Setting > General Settings.

Can anyone please let me know if I can activate portal user.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

The best way to create portal user is, Grant the access from Contacts.

Open any contact List or Form view, select the contacts and from move you have option to grant portal access.

Then,

Here, don't forget to tick "In Portal" . This will send invitation to your contacts to set password.

Discard

What if we dont have email server set up because we dont use that feature for anything else? Is it possible to still use invitation only password setup? Can we manually send them the invitation to set their password?

Author Best Answer

@cybrosys Technology

Thank you for replying. I am unable to find portal access to check activate portal access in settings > general settings.

Which version of odoo are you using?

Discard
Best Answer

Please Watch This Video I hope it will Help you:

https://youtu.be/Mjr-RpITSC0

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Go  through this blog: How to enable portal access in odoo

Thanks

Discard

Hello From settings>>General Settings>> I set Free sign up >> when i click on Dont have an account and create a account>>showing error Only employee can access this database. Please contact the administrator.

Best Answer

Hello there,

There are two configuration options for Portal user creation as shown below. (Screenshots of odoo v15)

1. Free Sign up (Where any external visitor could create an account by setting login/password)

2. On Invitation (From Contacts menu, to only those whom the invitation is sent could register)

Let's say if want to invite any Customer, grant the portal access as shown below

Regards,

Darshan!

Discard