This question has been flagged

This is my proposed solution for addresses and contacts in V7 as different from V6. Please feel free to add comments/suggestions. I will use a customer as the basis, works the same for auppliers.

Under confi/sales - allow different delivery address to be checked.

1. Create the customer and add a contact named 'shipping address' for each shipping address required and 'invoicing address' for each invoicing address required (assuming these are not the same as the address on the company record). Save.
  2. Edit each contact address created - select the correct address type and uncheck the 'use company address checkbox' and enter the correct address. Under the Sales and Purchases tab, uncheck the customer checkbox.
  3. Add contacts in the normal way.

In the Customers view, filter for Customers and save as a customer filter (you may wish to share with all users). This will provide a view of customers only, rather than customers and contacts.

Reset the Customers view, and create a customer filter under advanced search - Related Company Is Set - save this (an optionally share) as a Customer Filter = Contacts.

You now have two simple filters to see only customers or only contacts.

In sales order processing, as you enter the customer name you will see both the company and the contacts which is not great (in my opinion) but even if you select a contact in error the ultimate invoice will be to the company not the contact. I can see my first V7 customer wanting the list to be filtered for customers (hint to OpenERP:))

If you do select the customer and they have a shipping address/ invoice address set up then they default in.

Discard

Even though this is interesting, you should respect the Question / Answer purpose of this site. And your post doesn't seems to be an actual question. The good way to do it, would be to formulate a question we want to answer to and give that nice post you made as its answer. Understand that this is not a forum.

Author

Yannick, I need to disagree with you. From my perspective the purpose of this site is to provide information to existing/potential OpenERP users. Obviously in most cases that is in the form of a question, but I see no reason why best practice approaches cannot be documented here as well for the benefit of others. Certainly in the previous forum I did the same for setting up multi-company environments which I had a number of emails about, suggesting it proved helpful.

I am just trying to migrate to V7 and pulling my hair off about this adress contacts issue, your post is useful to me please ask a question and copy your question as an answer. So others can also answer.

@Kevin You are right on the purpose but not on the form. Other users will see a Question that isn't a question and without any answer. It doesn't fix with the general organisation of this site. It's like you created a document with it's content in the headers only. Please read the FAQ

Sorry to bother you, but you should make a question and then give it an answer. Here it seems you have only an answer. So you just need to make the question :-)

And see an exemple here: http://help.openerp.com/question/18/how-do-i-import-my-contacts-in-openerp/

beside the discussion about editorials regarding hoe a questions should be formulated. The problem of not having multiple addresses for customers or even contact remains. It would be great to hear from OpenERP SA why (in many cases) existing (6.1) useful functionality like addresses was removed in 7.0. However it would be great to see a answer to the particular question of having partner addresses back in7.0. My answer is a hack where I create pseudo contacts acting as i.e. Billing address.