This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Whenever a lead is created via email there are two messages in the system:

1. System message that creates a lead

2. Message with type email that goes into discussion

I'd like to populate some fields based on the email content, but I find it hard to set up a condition that triggers it automatically.

Right now I have automated action on the CRM/Lead model which is triggered on a record update. I have to manually update a record to start this action. Action is not triggered by 2nd message (email).

I tried to set up another action on creation of mail.message record with filters on subject, type and email fields but it doesn't work at all.

What is the correct way to trigger actions based on email messages (in discussion)?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks, but I have almost everything done.

I noticed that messages trigger action (on update) on CRM/Lead record, but record's message_ids is empty...

Can't even find those messages in Message model with

env["mail.message"].search([('res_id','=', record["id"]), ('message_type','=','email')])

Only when I manually update the record then message_ids field is not empty and above command returns message.

Why is that?

Discard
Author

I have created this action on Message model.

Now it works.

Best Answer

Hi @Wojciech G!
I am looking for a solution with automated actions, to extract data from a html form submission from a website, and populate my leads/opportunities with that data (custom fields created in the studio app). 

Example: 
email body Name -> lead's customer name
email body Age ->  lead's customer custom age field

I know that there is the 3rd party module mentioned above by @Haresh Kansara, but if it is solvable by automated actions, I would do it that way.

Could you please share your whole automated action?

Thanks,

sd

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

This app will helpful:

https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/12.0/jt_email_to_lead/

Discard