This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi

I am using odoo v8 RC1 from github.

I created a product and tried to add some variants, but when I have two variants and try to create a new one, all it does is overwriting the second one. how to resolve this?

Moreover my product structure is, that there is a product "Lipstick" which is the template, for price etc. This template has multiple variants, color with unique SKU, EAN and of course color name. I can insert SKU and EAN, but where can I define the color name per variant so it is discoverble in listview and POS. The name is always "Lipstick"

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Why is there so much chater about this product_variant_multi module? It is mentioned in almost every post about variants. To our understanding, It is not designed to work in v8, and the changes in v8 will most likely deprecate that module.

We can tell you in v8, there is no more name field on product.product (variant table). The name of the product now only exists at the template level, which is why you cant change the name.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you for your answer. I know that module. I tried it with version 7, and I could not add a different name per variant either. Moreover the variants list view showed now entries which made editing them pretty hard. My question was, how can I accomplish that with the built in functionality_

Discard

Sorry we did not answer your question, we do not believe this is possible with the built in functionality. Our client requires it though, and we can give you the modification when complete.

Author

Thank you for your answer. Part of the issues resolved it self with updates. POS now shows the internal reference and attribute value. In an other board someone outlined that in order to create a variant I have to do so via attribute value in the template under variants. But that created a new problem for me as I described in. https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/v8-best-way-to-import-product-variants-60450

Best Answer

Hello af,

Akretion team has already developed module which support multivaraints for products.
you can download this module:

https://www.odoo.com/apps/trunk/product_variant_multi/

Discard