This question has been flagged

Hello, 

I have implemented this code which is being called for the other states but not cancel. I am trying to archive the order when the stock.picking record when it gets cancelled. 

I have tried the code below, but the onchange function is not being called. I can probably do this through an automated action, but if someone could tell me where I am going wrong that would be great. 

class archive_inventory(models.Model):

_inherit = "stock.picking"

active = fields.Boolean("active", default=True)

@api.onchange("state")

def archive_on_cancel(self):

for record in self:

if record.state == "cancel":

record.active = False

else:

record.active = True

I have looked at the function which is called on the model when the cancel button is pressed and it does write the value cancel to the state field. 

def _action_cancel(self):

if any(move.state == 'done' and not move.scrapped for move in self):

raise UserError(_('You cannot cancel a stock move that has been set to \'Done\'.'))

moves_to_cancel = self.filtered(lambda m: m.state != 'cancel')

# self cannot contain moves that are either cancelled or done, therefore we can safely

# unlink all associated move_line_ids

moves_to_cancel._do_unreserve()

for move in moves_to_cancel:

siblings_states = (move.move_dest_ids.mapped('move_orig_ids') - move).mapped('state')

if move.propagate_cancel:

# only cancel the next move if all my siblings are also cancelled

if all(state == 'cancel' for state in siblings_states):

move.move_dest_ids.filtered(lambda m: m.state != 'done')._action_cancel()

else:

if all(state in ('done', 'cancel') for state in siblings_states):

move.move_dest_ids.write({'procure_method': 'make_to_stock'})

move.move_dest_ids.write({'move_orig_ids': [(3, move.id, 0)]})

self.write({'state': 'cancel', 'move_orig_ids': [(5, 0, 0)]})

return True

So I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks, 

Discard
Best Answer

hey Jack, were you able to solve your issue? is the `archive_on_cancel` method actually called?

Discard