Skip to Content
This question has been flagged

odoo v8 manufacturing - bill of materials, mulit variants

so im trying to make bom's  so the inventory of products and materials adjust automatically, 
and so that each department can look up and do there roll function from odoo v8 locally, 

we have a mill department, a plastics shop, a bending department, a hardware department, and shipping 
we make plastic aftermarket parts for off road vehicles 

one of the issues with the build list of materials is , with skid plates for example 

-we have a skid plate for a given model, this vary s from 2013 , 14-17, and 2018+ year models 
(the year changes apply to the rear skid portion only as mounting and hardware differs, )

with that skid plate, come the hardware to install it, the different yr models very slightly, some spacers, some have 4 more bolts, some less.  , they are packaged in bags pertaining to the skid plate being installed (ie. front skid, rear skid etc.)
and are packaged before shipping

then to make it more confusing, 
they offer rocksliders, like trim pice's along the edge of the vehicle, 
if they are ordered together, they have different, longer hardware as they use the same bolt locations, 
if they are ordered for standalone use, the holes are then counter sunk for the washers ,

from there there is also a-arm guards, and a-arm guard hardware, 
 there are variants of these as well,  as we cover oem and aftermarket a-arms, 
these usually don't have yr changes, 

there are rear trailing arm guards or rear a-arm guards in that seance, that apply the same, 
 both a-arm guards and trailing arm guards can be bought individually as a pair (left and right)

so from here, we also sell a bundled kit, under its own SKU,   that is everything i mentioned above, with free shipping, 

how would i record these things and variants in a build list of materials for the product of products, and have it reflect accordingly ? 

i have added all the used hardware, brackets, and plastic items as products, 

i would want it to automatically deduct the needed hardware and material for the item, 
and in the work order i would like to have a .pdf present, as a link or shown, 
for the hardware packing lists I've made, and a list of the items in the package, 

as with manufacturing , a similar .pdf for the bend profile and manufacturing notes  

i hope this inst more confusing that it sounds, i feel that other people have tackled similar with odoo and feel its possible, just asking how :)   thank you all for your time in reading this and for your help 

Discard
Related Posts Replies Views Activity
Jan 24
May 23
Feb 22
Dec 21
Dec 20