This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Odoo V14 I want to check the stock and create manufacturing order only  when there is not enough stock..

According to the online solutions i enabled archived replenish route under inventory.

Then try to create a sales order , it always create manufacturing order if there is enough stocks.

replenish on order route config images are attached herewith.

img1  img2

Discard

Your images are not shared publicly, when I click the link I am told "You need access" and shown a button to request access. You can copy/paste images into forum posts.

Best Answer

UPDATE:

At v13 and v14, MTO can be configured to check stock:

-----------------------------------------------

Replenish on Order (MTO) will ignore Stock.

Uncheck this Route on the Product, otherwise you will get a Manufacturing Order for the full quantity, ignoring stock.

Setup a Reordering Rule for what you want to keep in stock (even if you want nothing kept in stock, in which case set both MIN and MAX to 0).

When you have 5 in stock and someone orders 10, you will get a Manufacturing Order for 5 units.

Discard
Author

Thanks for your valuable answer, i will try and get back to you..thanks alot

Ray, thank you for this description of operation. I believe this was a change with V14? Our Odoo Quickstart consultant had us unarchive MTO. I think we'll need to revisit that.

See my updated answer - it is possible to have "MTO + check stock" at v13 and v14.

That is an interesting change, thank you for the update. This 2021 comment I found from Fabien:

"Be sure you really need MTO; I have seen a lot of abuse of MTO for companies who should actually use automated replenishment rules with min=0, max=0 instead. Often, companies use MTO to automate the purchase (which can be done by this replenishment rule too), but they don't want the constraints of MTO: ability to reassign products to another order easily, manage priorities, etc."

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/minimum-quantity-from-vendor-in-purchase-order-138695#answer-138705

It makes me ponder when is the proper use case for MTO + check stock vs reordering rules.

I have not implemented a Use Case where MTO + check stock was used. I have always implemented MTO without checking stock - because the MTO product being procured was always unique to the sale. Example: Golf Balls or other "logo" based products. No matter how many "Golf Balls with a Logo" I have in stock, I would always want to make more for every sale, because the logo requirement is unique to every sale. The "Plain Golf Ball" would NOT be MTO because they are interchangeable. What has worked well for me is "if the product is interchangeable, it is not MTO, otherwise it is - and then decide on reordering rules based on if you want inventory - if not (if everything will be just in time) then those reordering rules would be set to zero".

Great insight, Ray. Thank you.

Best Answer

Re MTO or BTO, and whether to use inventory the BIG thing here is, that if you use MTO (with or without buy), you will always have a link between the sales order and the purchase order. This is particularly useful where there needs to be such traceability (without the necessity for serial numbers). Also for custom sales orders, one needs to find exact purchase prices (not averaged over the product) to have an accurate gross margin on the deal.

Discard