This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello 

When using the POS V14 Enterprise with the new product configurator it's only available when my variants have attributes that are set for variants with creation mode Never. Otherwise on the POS I see the product variants individually. Anyone know how to fix this?

Discard

Can you explain the scenerio in detail

Author

Yes, imagine I have a product Burger and an attribute called cheese with two variants: gouda cheese or goat cheese. I want to be able to add a bill of materials for my product Burger specifying which cheese to use. I can add this in my BoM when I select for my attributes the variant creation mode: "Instantly" or "Dynamically". However when I select this type of creation for my attributes on the PoS when looking at my products I see each variant individually as a separate selectable option instead of having just one option and the product configurator opening once I click on the product.

The only way I have to see my products on the PoS with the product configurator opening is when on the attributes I select the creation mode "Never" but I can not add a specific BoM for this variants just one for the product.

Best Answer

Hi Paulina

I did not understand your last text paragraph. But I'm having also the problem on the POS, that the product configurator doesn't work. A product with variants always will be shown as separate products on the POS.

Example: A product with 3 variants is shown at the POS in 3 different products with the variant name in text brackets after the product name.

I saw videos on youtube about variants on the POS with one product and if you choose it, it open a popup window for chosing the variants. So it should work.

Also I have marked the product configurator on the POS and the sales configuration. At the sales configuration it works.

But not in the POS.

What about you? Does it works now on your Odoo?

Discard

Hi Pascal,
To have the product configurator work on PoS, apart from activating the product configurator on PoS, you require to make sure the variant attribute creation mode is "Never".

In Paulina's use case the product configurator works on PoS as intended with creation mode 'Never', however is unable to define a BOM for those product variants.
Best regards

Hi Jaideep
It worked the way you explained.
The only trouble I have with this way is, I can't control the stock because the variants aren't listed.