This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I have created a Helpdesk team and tickets in Odoo. Whenever someone sends an email to my helpdesk mail alias, a ticket is created in Odoo (for example, Customer A sends an email and a ticket is created).

When I respond to "Customer A" by clicking the "SEND MESSAGE" button, the email is sent, and Customer A receives it. However, the email appears to be sent from "notifications@mycompany.com" instead of my email address.

This is not the expected behavior. 

Requirement : Since I am sending the email to Customer A from my login, the "From" address should display as "gayathri@mycompany.com."

Can you help me resolve this issue?

I already studied the Odoo documentation SEND MAILS and RECEIVE MAILS

I need a help on how to make the business requirement work

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

This behavior has been designed to prevent spoofing.

You need to set up a from_filter that defines which domain(s) or email address(es) the mail server can be used for. If you're using your own outgoing mail server, the from_filter is set on the mail server. If you're using the default Odoo mail server, the from_filter is set by the config parameter mail.default.from_filter.

This is explained in more detail here: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/17.0/applications/general/email_communication/email_servers.html#utilizing-the-from-filter-on-an-outgoing-email-server

If the sender of the message matches the from_filter, the email will be sent as is. If the sender of the message does not match the from_filter, the email will be sent from the default address (which must match the from_filter).

Discard
Best Answer

It really depends on how your email servers are set up.

Are you using Odoo mailing servers or have your own?
If your own, that is the mailing server and what's the set up on its side and Odoo's side?

It is hard to cover all that without access to the instance, but having these details will definitely help to point you in the right direction

Discard
Author

@Jakub smolka Sir,
We are using Odoo Mailing server.
Thank you