This question has been flagged

Have any one implemented odoo in large scale sectors like Banking,Oil&gas,Natural resources,Aviation & Aerospace,defense

large scale public or government entities?

If yes ,how is your experience with odoo in this sectors? What were the prime challenges that you faced?

does architecture of odoo is capable of providing enough scalability  for such large scale implementation ?

I know it will be hard to explain whole story here.But just bullet points or key points will be okay.

Bottom line is that i want to know how much odoo is suitable for this large scale sectors and if it's not suitable 

what are the reasons and limitations of odoo.

Discard

Odoo had number of limitations some are: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues

Its based on postgresql as background-database, also had certain limits,

For very large sector better to use microsoft dyanamics, Odoo keep is not big ERP, rather its just apps, having certain limits and also siminlar to paid ERP now odoo you had to pay enterprise version with bugs, better to go MS-Dyanamic for big scale or other.

+++

Total expense for big scale in ODOO > paid software in enterprise edition.

Owner dramatically changed license even lot donated in past, now its paid code too. so you can think in future can't go for long term, in case to use open source select ERPNext GPL, long term better license.

Before Believe me, take odoo community code host in your any VPS with 1GB RAM, 1 CPU, populate database with 3~5GB only, check performance in 20 multi-users.

Within a 2 days, you will get finalization. :)

Best Answer

Frankly...

Odoo as tool for large scale implementation needs lot of configuration and deployment strategies. Better to go with cloud (Aws or so..).

There are challenges considering multi user base, performance monitoring is a challenge but can overcome with monitoring tools and Postgre tunning..

If you avoid attachments in Odoo..still better for large scale with multi users

Thanks

Discard