This question has been flagged

Hello everyone,

We wanted to create a mobile app using flutter, I searched on how to connect odoo with external platforms or apps , I found there are two solutions:

The most common and standard one is to use the xmlrpc communication protocol, we did found some libraries with that name in flutter , but the problem with this is that it's a bit complicated for flutter devs that does not know how the Odoo architecture works.

The least common method is the endpoints or controllers method, basically you create endpoints in your controllers and just call it through http request from the mobile end, the problem with this method is that it's not standard and I did not see much people talk about it,I also heard that this method is for the web instead of mobile apps since the session_id of the identification is returned in the Cookies.

My question is the following, is the endpoint method good enough for mobile app? If no, are their any alternative of xmlrpc?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Niyas,

Thanks for your answer, the link of the video is the endpoint method that I stated in the question, so is it really safe to ise it in mobile apps? Thanks

Discard