This question has been flagged
2 Replies

hi all,

I knew that there are guides/tutorials for this purpose, please point me to the pages/sites for how i can import/integrate + customize & use other modules (like: contacts, hr, fleet, crm, inventory etc. from our app menu) in our custom app/module (currently using Odoo 14 CE). 

these days i created some modules for learning purpose and also asked here various questions and got help/answers from seniors (i am feeling lucky).

regards

Discard

Please be more specific.

Best Answer

Hi,

If you are looking how to import data in odoo, you can use the default import option in odoo, to know about how it works, have a look at this official documentation about the same.

See: How to Import data

Integrating with External Applications

Odoo is usually extended internally via modules, but many of its features and all of its data are also available from the outside for external analysis or integration with various tools. Part of the Models API is easily available over XML-RPC and accessible from a variety of languages.

See this:  External API

To understand different use case of odoo xmlrpc and jsonrpc, see this tutorials: Odoo XMLRPC : Connect Odoo With External Applications

Also see the answer for this question:  How can I integrate other business systems or technology solutions with Odoo?

And if you are new to odoo, for reference you can use this links:

1. Odoo Elearning

2. Odoo Documentation

3. Developer Documentation

4. Odoo 14 Development Tutorials

Update:

For Calling Existing Menu Action in Custom Module

1. Open the menu/action that you need to call in custom module.

2. Activate the developer mode

3. Click on Debugger Button at the top right of the screen near logged in user name, click Edit Action

Copy the External ID.

5. Add new menu in custom module and add new menu and set this external id in the action of the menu.

<menuitem id="test_menu"
name="Menu"
action="hr.open_view_employee_list_my"
sequence="10"/>

As the action exist inside the hr module, make sure that hr is given as depends in the manifest file.

Thanks

Discard
Author

thank you for help, not asking for Data like employee / department data etc. (if I didn't misunderstand) instead Importing of Modules like CRM, HR, INVENTORY etc. to integrate in my app, like I created a Menu to call Employees view it should call and present employees view from HR module and same for others.

OdooMate i think discontinued to upload Odoo 14 Development Tutorials

will check other links provided here.

regards

okay, so what i understand it, you need to call existing views in your custom module, this is an easy process, do as follows.

Activate the developer mode, open the menu that you need to get in your module, click the debugger button, click Edit Action, and copy the external id of the action.

Now create a new menu in your module and set the action as the copied external_id

Development in odoo12, 13 and 14 are almost same, you can get full development tutorials from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKigPT7GF7E&list=PLqRRLx0cl0hoJhjFWkFYowveq2Zn55dhM&index=12

Best Answer

Hi,

Here are some useful blogs and tutorial videos which helps for the Odoo development purpose.

Odoo 14 Development Tutorial Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwIniIlIrAc&list=PLeJtXzTubzj90qoZq2gCx-t3zieox5zVX

And you can find the Odoo 14 development blog in the following link

https://www.cybrosys.com/blog/

Apply the following filters

Hope it helps

Discard
Author

thanks for Odoo 14 Development tutorial link, will check these... definitely.