This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

Im tring to show an error pop up message when users enter bad data on a Many2one field. To do that, I override name_create method to verify data and if it bad, I raise a UserError exception. However, the front end instead of showing a message to the user, opens the Many2one relation model form.

Any idea?

Thanks

Discard

Hi,

can you enlighten us with more details about what could be a 'bad data on a M2O' ?

I would recommand that you override the _search to control what data to show in a specific case. Then, the user has to choose one of the displayed data.

if the user can create data, i would recommand that you add a menu in configuration where you add views to that model and there only can data be created.

Hope this helps.

Author Best Answer

Hi. Yes! I will try.

I want to verify what data Users are entering on M2O field before create record. Im talking when Users use quickcreate to do that. So I override name_create method to put a verification rutine and If something goes wrong I raise an UserError exception. This would have to  show a popup message to the users reporting what happend, but unfortunately instead of that, odoo pops up the view form of the M20 model.

Thanks in advance.
Discard