This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello everyone,

I'm working with Odoo 11 CE as well as Odoo 13 CE and found today that there seems to be a difference in the sorting of the contacts / partners (name):

In Odoo 11 the order is alphabetically like: Abfall..., ABO W..., AEV ..., Arma..., Awi..., BDZ...,

In Odoo 13 : ABO W..., AEV..., Abfall..., Arma..., Awi..., BDZ...

In my opinion this sorting is wrong because it should be alphabetically independent of upper or lower case letters and the German letters "ÜÖÄüöä" should not be sorted to the end of a list ...

So now the question arises whether the basic sorting in Odoo was changed from version 11 to 13 and / or which parameter I did not / incorrectly set in Odoo 13 to get the same result as in Odoo 11?

Btw - I have not adjusted / changed any sorting settings for the contact masks in Odoo 11 or Odoo 13 - everything is standard. In both Oddo instances I only installed German as language - so this does not seem to be the problem.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Unfortunately, I have never received an answer on this topic - apparently only I have (had) this problem ...

After not finding a solution at the time, I have now encountered the same problem again when dealing with LXC / LXD containers and have found the cause / solution:

At that time I had installed Odoo in a VirtualBox VM based on Ubuntu Server 18.04 in a minimal installation. This approach is very similar to an LXC container created with the command "lxc launch ubuntu:18.04 CONTAINERNAME".

After I installed Odoo 11 in this LXC container, I had the above problem again. The cause of this problem is neither Odoo (whether 11 or 13) nor Python, but Postgresql. 

I had not taken into account that the language settings or the language support were incomplete in the two above-mentioned installation types for Ubuntu Server. 

You have to make sure - BEFORE installing Postgresql - that the system language is set to "de_DE.UTF-8" (also for root!). Then this sorting problem will not occur...

I thought I'd post this here in case anyone ever has the same problem ...

Discard