This question has been flagged
2 Replies

What file do you edit to change the layout of a check in V12 Enterprise?  It would seem that /l10n_us_check_printing/static/src/scss/report_check_middle.scss would be the correct file to move some of the fields around on the check. But making changes such as moving the .ckus_date top value would change that on the actual check but doesn't. I've made changes and even restarted the service, but to no avail.

Thanks,

Dave

Discard

I'm continuing to have problems in Odoo 13 Enterprise.

I've edited l10n_us_check_printing/report/check_print.xml without it changing how the stub prints. I even went so far as to remove print_check_middle.xml and print_check.xml with the intent of breaking it and seeing it in the log. No luck. And yes, I've restarted the service, even rebooted the vm.

I wondering if it compiles these files for qweb and I need to clear a cache somewhere? I was able to use the same process to change the print_check_middle.xml and it's associated css files to get the check laid out properly but I can't seem to get the stub to change.

Suggestions? TIA

Followup:

check_print.xml is cached in ir_ui_view and changes made to that file must be updated by going to the Apps application and upgrading the "US Checks Layout" using the three dots menu.

Best Answer

Following up on this for those of us using SAAS, Odoo v13

The check amount prints so close to the address that the check amount shows in the address window of an envelope. Clearly, this is unacceptable. How can a SAAS user print the checks with a proper space between the address and the text dollar amount? It looks like we need to move the text amount line about 1/2" above the address.

Discard

Hi Mark: You may want to log a support ticket with Odoo for this. The ticket can be logged at https://www.odoo.com/help

Best Answer

Hi Dave:

There is a QWeb view called ckus_check for this

Discard
Author

correct, but this doesn't set / effect the layout of the printed check. for this prospect, we need to move the position of where the date field actually prints on the check and move the "amount in words" up. I recall changing the .css file back in version 9 or 10, but that doesn't work in v12. Unless i'm missing something.

thanks,

dave

In v12, you will need to customize this view to change the positioning of the fields mentioned by you. The action that prints the check uses this view to generate a pdf report that is then printed on the check. Hope this helps.

On thinking some more about this, if you are looking for granular control on the specific position where the fields get printed, you are right that you may need to make some changes to the underlying css that is used by the pdf report. You may end up having to make changes to both the view and the css to achieve the desired result.

On a related note, there are 3 layouts - top, middle and bottom - defined for check printing. You may want to check which of these 3 are being used at your site. Each of them has it's own css.

Author

I modified the ckus_check qweb view, by moving the "ckus_amount_in_word" above the date field. Tested and it did not change the check. I then changed the report_check_middle.scss layout to match the view and still didn't change the printed layout.

Thanks,

Dave

Author

Nevermind. I found the issue. When you edit the view from within Odoo, it is not changing the print_check.xml file. I edited that file from the folder and all works. Thanks, dave