This question has been flagged
10 Replies

I have been trying to get the app icon to display for the Link Tracker. I created an icon.png file and placed it in the description folder under the module but it still shows a default image. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I have checked and compared permissions against base addons (i.e. purchase).

Screenshot below:

Discard
Best Answer

put icon.png under static->description. if you put that in same way then try after clearing browser cache.

Discard
Author

Hi Hilar,

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes it is under static->description and yes I cleared cache, and even restarted server multiple times.

then try with a new icon.png may its brocken

Author

Here is the interesting thing the icon shows up correctly under the apps section when I install it but not on the app switcher screen.

Best Answer

Hi,

If you still can not find where you can change the logo of the Link Tracker app, you can follow the below steps.

1- In debug mode, Technical Settings > User Interface > Menu Items

2- Select Menu Item Link Tracker

3- Web Icon file field is empty. Fill that field where you put the icon. For example, utm,static/description/icon.png.

This will solve your problem.

Discard

In addition to this, it is also possible to edit the icon by code as below.

Open file odoo > addons > utm > views > utm.xml

Edit below line by adding icon location.

<menuitem id="menu_link_tracker_root" name="Link Tracker" groups="base.group_no_one" sequence="30" web_icon="utm,static/description/icon.png"/>

Best Answer

Hi,

If you are looking to show the icon in the menu item , define the menu like this,

<menuitem id="menu_document" name="Documents" web_icon="website_sign,static/description/icon.png" groups="base.group_user"/>

Thanks

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Hilar,

Thanks for your quick reply.  Yes it is under static->description and yes I cleared cache, and even restarted server multiple times.

Discard

By default there is no static folder in the link tracker module, so you need to update module list

Author

Thanks for the reply I did create the folder and update module list still no change though. Any other ideas or ways to trouble shoot this?

Author

Here is the interesting thing the icon shows up correctly under the apps section when I install it but not on the app switcher screen.