This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Could some one check if I am missing something here (its late and i am tired)

If you set up a POS instance in V15 EE and select the " Authorized Employees"  check box in settings, then create a session - is it correct that i can see no option to close that session.

All I can see are buttons to change the user or lock the session which takes you back to the "select user" (or scan user barcode) screen. I have tried on run bot and its the same. 

if i un check  Authorized Employees, the button to close the session comes back.

I was going to log a support request but thought I should check here first as I might be missing something obvious ?

Discard
Best Answer

Here you are my test results:

If Authorized Employees enabled, The close button will not be shown if the employee user permission to Point of Sale set to "User" or the employee not have user account and you are logged in to Odoo with different user and open session for another employee (not the one linked with current logged in user)

For example 1: If demo user has "User" rights on Point of sale and you are logged in to Odoo with admin account so if you opened the session and selected demo employee (which linked to demo user) then the close button will not be shown.  

For example 2: If you have employee "Marc" not linked to user and you are logged in to Odoo with admin account so if you opened the session and selected Marc employee then the close button will not be shown.  

But if you logged in to Odoo with demo user which linked to demo employee you will be able to see the close button even if the user has "User" access to Point of sale.

The below js code which control show or hide close button:

get headerButtonIsShown() {
return !this.env.pos.config.module_pos_hr || this.env.pos.get('cashier').role == 'manager' || this.env.pos.get_cashier().user_id[0] === this.env.pos.user.id;

Discard

So, in order for the logout button to show, you must login with the user account linked to the employee given access to the PoS.

Odoo 16: Select Employees app > Select employee with access to PoS application > Select 'HR settings' tab > Configure 'Related user'

Best Answer

I think this needs a bit of clarification.  In Odoo, we need to seperate "named users" (who pay a monthly user fee), and "employees" of an organization.  Employees interact with Odoo (say for example, a POS cashier), but do not necessarily "use" Odoo (say for example, closing a session).  You can have unlimited free employees, and the number of named licenses users is limited only by your budget.  In the POS, the default user (admin) will always be shown in the POS session login screen, together with any additional employees you have chosen in the POS settings "authorized employees" tab. Employees and "named users" are linked via the HR settings tag "related user."  This is a very important Odoo concept. If a restaurant does NOT want to add an additional user (cost) they can just appoint an "employee" to login to the POS session under the default admin PIN.  They can then close a session. This saves both cost, and allows for limited admin authority in the POS session.  I hope I'm clear.   

Discard
Best Answer

here your exact answer

that cashier should not be in Authorized Employees 

In POS , whoever you select employee for changing cashier , that cashier(Employee) must be have related user (user) and most important it must be manager (administrator) 

for this you must follow this flow: go to User > search for which user you want to put as cashier > then scroll down >there is option called point of sale > select as administrator.

this you can see or understand by following below code:

get headerButtonIsShown() {
return !this.env.pos.config.module_pos_hr || this.env.pos.get('cashier').role == 'manager' || this.env.pos.get_cashier().user_id[0] === this.env.pos.user.id;
}

above mentioned that cashier must be manager

thanks

Discard

The code condition, You have to be a manager (OR) (Not AND) the cashier should have user ID. so the cashier shouldn't must to have manager access to POS.