This question has been flagged

Hi, I need to order a 'Special' (product): a glass plate with custom dimensions.

So, special in that it requires to have the Length and Width (LxW)  (or if you like Hight x Width HxW) specified in the Sales Order / Quote in order to start a MTO process. 

The LxW variables will also drive the price. Since glass is calculated in € per M2, the calculation will be L x W x € M2 price.

Furthermore the product (a glass window) can have different colours, thickness and foils applied to it (variants).

My question and surprise: Odoo Studio does not seem to have calculated field!?!?

It would be so easy ('Super Easy!' as AC uses to say :-) ) that I add two custom integer fields and add a Customer Calculated field multiplying these 2 values to calculate the price, right away on the Sales Order or Quote...

What would be the easies way to handle these kind of specials? I can imagine that many manufacturing companies work with customer specific sizes for manufacturing orders. So I don't want to reinvent the wheel but could not find any info on this topic anywhere??

Please advice! Tx!

Discard
Best Answer

From Odoo studio you can add compute field 
ref : https://odootricks.tips/about/building-blocks/computed-fields/

Discard