This question has been flagged
2 Replies

While installing apps ODOO 9.0. the system timed out and asked for my email & password however everything entered is wrong. The id & password for postgresSQL works but I cannot login. I see the admin password in the conf file but it does not work. Please assist.

Discard
Author

Hi vitzoteck, Thank you for your guidance, I was also looking for that table so res_users is a valuable table to know about. I viewed the table and saw the admin user with id=1. So as to assist other users, please confirm that the correct syntax would be ---> UPDATE res_users SET password_crypt = 'admin' WHERE id = 1; I am a novice, so I do not want to try this on the table, especially since it is working now, so your confirmation would help.

Author Best Answer

I resolved this problem. It seems that during the install when creating the admin user there was a password question which I forgot about. The login page asked for email address and that threw me. The solution was user = admin and password = the password you put in at that time during the install.

Discard

Excellent!

Best Answer

Hi,

if your postgress is working you can do one thing.connect to postgres,connect to your database and execute the update query in res_users table for changing password for admin user,normall admin will have id=1

I hope this will work,for more help contact at virzoteck@gmail.com

Discard

How to access odoo database?where is it stored?