This question has been flagged

Hi,

I want to setup multicompany in odoo. i need to do tis using multiple databases mean there are different databases like db1,db2,db3 ..

now i need to setup db1 as a parent company for both db2 and db3.... how can i do this i know creating multicompany with single database i wanna to do this for multiple databases..

can any one help me....

Thanks In Advance..

Discard
Best Answer

Hi santhosh,

I think its not necessary to create many databases. With one database, you can manage all your companies, independents one of another.

Regards,

Juan José - Ing ADHOC

Discard

Exactly. Santhosh you should just create multiple companies in one Odoo database..

Author

Thanks Mr.Juan José Scarafía and Mr.Yenthe...

Hi,
I have created a multicompany but I still have the problem when I change a setting in one of them I have the modification for all the companies. For example delete a tage in the pipline CRM .
Thanks in advance for your help !

Best Answer

Hi,
I have created a multicompany but I still have the problem when I change a setting in one of them I have the modification for all the companies. For example delete a tage in the pipline CRM .
Thanks in advance for your help !

Discard

Suggest you ask this as a question with the correct subject, not post an answer to a different (old) question.

Best Answer

Hi Santhosh, Juan José, what are the differences between setting different companies with separate databases and different companies within the same database?

An accounting company is interested in using Odoo for its clients and we have to decide what option is the most time and cost saving. 

What are the restrictions with a one database environment?

I appreciate every input to give us more lights on where to move on.

Best, 

Miguel 

Discard
Best Answer

Use one database only and allow multi companies. You will enjoy all the features of each company separately. Separate chart of accounts, multiple websites, different employees, separate records of all kind and so on.

Thanks

Discard

Hi,

Just curious if the DB is corrupted somehow, all the companies will be affected. I am thinking of using separate DB for each company. Am I correct if doing this way?

It is not suitable to make multiple odoo instances for your one client as may be he has global customers,vendors or products but multiple instances increases your labour. As far as DB corruption is concerned it is very rare and you should take daily backup of your production to avoid any drastic failure.

@abdulla, how to manage separate product categories for each companies