This question has been flagged

I got leftover in WH/Input when buying products with multi-step warehouse routes.   

Environment:
BoM is A+B=C
Both B & A is bought from Vendor1, with propder pricelist set.
C can only be made in house.
A, B, and C have Reordering rule on WH/Stock, minimum and maximum set to 0.
The warehouse route is set to "Receive goods in input and then stock (2 steps)".
This option activate 2 internal locations,  WH/Input & WH/Stock, under my only Warehouse.  

Workflow:  

1. Sales order for 10 units of C confirmed, Delivery order is created correspondingly.  

2. Run Scheduler, Manufacturing order is created, the BoM works fine showing demand of A and B for 10 each.    

3. Run Scheduler again, RFQ to Vendor1 with order lines for 10 A and 10 B. Internal Transfer from WH/Input to WH/Stock for 10 A and 10 B.   

4. Confirm the RFQ, A Receipt from Vendor1 to WH/Input for 10 A and 10 B.   

5. Complete workflow by Receive from Vendor1, Move from WH/Input to WH/Stock, Produce Manufacturing order, Deliver to customer.  

The issue is in step 3., the Internal Transfer is created before RFQ is confirmed to be PO.

When sending the RFQ to Vendor, the quantity is likely to be changed due to pricing and availability.  Edit the quantity in RFQ does not affect the Internal Transfer already created.   For example, I edit the RFQ order lines to buy 15 A and 15 B.  Receipt is created, Internal Transfer remain unchanged.  After completing everything else, I have 5 A and 5 B in WH/Input, but no more stock movement is set or alerted.  

Expected behavior are either,       

1. Editing the RFQ order line DOES affect the automatic Internal Transfer.  

2. Only have the Internal Transfer generated automatically when RFQ is confirmed to be an actual PO.   

Behavior 2 is preferred in my opinion tho.  

Could anyone guide me how to work around this?

Discard
Author Best Answer

For whoever looking for the answer in the future.  I found the solution.  There's a solution only requiring changing the configuration of warehouse for both 2-step and 3-step routing.  

"warehouse" has "location", and "route".  The "route" is to control how products are procured in-between "location"  
Each "route" can have multiple "rule", by default they have only 1.

For example, by default, Receive in 2 steps (input + stock) is configured "rule" of "Push & Pull".  

"Push" is when WH/Input has a incoming product, it will create an internal transfer from WH/Input to WH/Stock.  

"Pull" is when WH/Stock has a demand, it will create an internal transfer from WH/Input to WH/Stock, and therefore causes mis-matched quantity if the RFQ is edited latter on.

Solution:  Under the 2-step route, change from "Push & Pull" to "Push", so when PO is manually confirmed or when Edited RFQ is confirmed, internal transfer is generated. At this point, the RFQ is not generated.  
Because the rule "Pull" generates the internal transfer from WH/Input to WH/Stock.  And the route "Buy", which contains rule "Buy" set Destination location on WH/Input, see this internal transfer, therefore generates RFQ.  
Adding another rule "Buy" set Destination location on WH/Stock under the 2-step route will solve the problem.  When Manufacturing Order generated according to BoM, the demanding quantity for completing it occurs. This demand due to rule "Buy" will create RFQ. In cases the RFQ is edited or created separately, once it is confirmed, due to rule "Push", Receipt and Internal transfer both are generated. This way WH/Input won't have leftover.  

Discard
Best Answer

For now the only work around solution,

- Activate "Show Detailed Operations" from picking type

- in the second step unreserve the all quantity

- Unlock the picking

- change initial demand to 15

- Save, Check Availability and process

thanks.

Discard
Author

Thx for reply, in this case I will be adding to Manufacturing order which will be produced.

I was hoping to just stock materials(A&B), not producing them to be C.

I understand. but the reorder rule with 0 consider in this manner(PO incoming generated based on requirement generated ).

Author

Hi, thank you very much for looking into my case. I finally figured it out and posted the result.