This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hi everyone,

As we already know, Odoo has configuration settings at odoo-server.conf file. There is some lines that refer to log settings. Some of them are :

log_db_level = warning
log_handler = INFO
log_level = debug
logfile = var/log/odoo/odoo-server.log

I would like to know which one will be logged at var/log/odoo/odoo-server.log, because the last log line was 3 months ago. And how can i make these logs contain every operations that happens?

Thank you!

Discard

Hi Altela,

Make sure that you are calling the correct path for logfile, ie, "logfile = /var/log/odoo10/odoo10-server.log". It will then automatically write the logs to this file.

Make sure that you include the config file when running odoo and that the user with you're running odoo has write permissions to the log file. log_level debug will log everything.

Author

Hello Mihran,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am using Odoo version 12, and yes I can make sure that i am calling the correct path to log file in /var/log/odoo/odoo-server.log, which at configuration file (odoo-server.conf) has the same path to it.

But still, all system activity doesn't get recorded to it.

Do you have any other suggestion that i could try?

Thank you

I haven't faced anything like that till now. As Tabla suggested, check the permissions of the log file and see if the Odoo user have permission to write. Also check whether logs are working fine on a fresh install.

Author Best Answer

Hello Guys,
Finally i found other the alternative ways to save logging (I use ir_logging) which shows the recorded logs inside the Odoo Erp itself, not in the /var/log/odoo folder.

So previously here in /etc/odoo-server.conf i set the log_db value with True. It should be database name for saving the logs record. and then in log_level i set the value to debug so every log message will appears.
after that, i login to odoo via browser and select settings > technical > logging.

Finally, the logs will appear.

Thanks for the help of you guys. Have a nice day!

Altela (altelasoftware.com)

Discard