This question has been flagged

Hi,

I am using v14 of Odoo Enterprise and I cannot find a way to modify the account, analytic account or the analytic labels on the line of a confirmed invoice.

To be able to send an invoice to the client, you must confirme the invoice but once confirmed, you cannot modify the account?! Does Odoo think only accounting department must be able to invoice a customer? Even if it's the case, accounting department can also make mistakes or miss on adding an analytic label.

How do you guys deal with that? I tried with Studio but couldn't find a way to make the fields editable. Via the journals maybe? But that would be painful.

Thank you

Discard
Author

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for your answer. However, it is not possible to put back the invoice as a draft once it's been reconciled / paid or if deffered revenue has been generated.

In cas of deffered revenue, I would understand that account shouldn't be changed. But analytical data should still be editable until the accounting entry is definitely validated.

I think Odoo is missing a second validation of the accounting entry that should be independant from the confirmed status of the invoice. They mixed a two steps validation (invoice and accounting entry) into only one step. I think it's going to be hard to find accountants willing to work directly in Odoo with such a restriction.

Maybe I am missing something and it's possible to modify the journals or something else after the invoice has been confirmed...

Best Answer

Edit the Analytic Ledger. 

You can reclass, adjust amounts, accounts, tags, add missing information.

From the Analytic Report in the Reporting Menu, drill down into the Account you need to create a missing entry or edit an existing entry.

Discard

Hi Ray, thanks for this answer; this is - as I found out - the only way to achieve this. All other ways (changing the invoice, changing the booking entry,... ) are locked - even for an admin. Thanks!

If you have setup your General Ledger security to allow you to erase the permanent record (set to draft, edit, post) then you can impact the Analytic Ledger that way. But probably best to create a manual correction entry and dig into the reasons why it wasn't made correctly the first time.

Best Answer

To mass edit several entries simultaneously, go to Accounting ‣ Accounting ‣ Journal items, and select the ones that need to be updated. Add the required distribution in the Analytic Distribution column, and click on the floppy disk icon to save. The analytic distribution template pops up, and you can save it for later use.

Source: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/16.0/nl/applications/finance/accounting/reporting/analytic_accounting.html

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Jordan,

You have a "Reset to Draft" button on the top of your screen.

This should allow you to perform some modifications on your invoice.

Hope this helps.

Discard