This question has been flagged

Hi there, I use mass email, and our database is sorted by tags/industries specified on the company contact page. We are now looking for a way to send to all members of companies that follow a tag system.

For Example, TESTCOMPANY1 and TESTCOMPANY2 both have the tag "UseThis" and they each have 10 individuals registered to them. I want to send an email to all 20 by somehow using the tag "UseThis"

As it stands, our company email field is "email1@email.com; email2@email.com; email3@email.com;" and we would update that manually should we register someone new to that company. However, this isnt ideal as grouping the emails like this doesn't register unsubscribes - and even though all people on that list recieve an email, it only registers as 1 sent / 1 open (If anyone on the list opens it)

We have a 12k contact database, if it comes down to having to manually move all the tags from a company to the individuals within it, so be it. I just want to make it the final option if at all possible.

I hope what I said above makes some sense. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read through what I wrote/help out.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Matt:

You can achieve this by using automated actions to keep the tags on the Company and the Individuals associated with the company in sync. One automated action can be created to populate the tag on a newly added Individual to set it to the Company's tags and another automated action would ensure that when there are updates made to the Company's tags, those changes are updated on each Individual associated with that Company. When it is time to do your mass mailing, you can filter on the tag. This would select both the Company and the Individuals. You can conditionally make the tags field invisible on the Individual's contact records so that no one updates the tags inadvertently on the Individual contacts.

Discard