This question has been flagged

Working on Odoo 8, when enter on Manufacturing/Production Order (Create) the form comes with a sequence (eg. MO00017). If I cancell that form (note: cancel before saving any data, it dont create record for MO), it keeps the number and when Create another Order sequence gives next number (MO00018).

Is this a regular behaviour (desirable) or where can it be changed?

Thanks for comments.

Discard

It is default feature of openerp. you can't change the number of canceled order. but if you want to keep that number for the next order number you have to change it manually from the configuration when order is cancelled. but it is not advisable to make changes in sequence. but if you want to change it forcefully than go to main setting menu. Technical>> Sequence & Identifier >> Sequence . than find your sequence for MO and set the value for next number.

Author

I think I didnt explain myself well. When I said 'cancel' I mean cancel capture of data without saving the form. That record is never created. Thanks for your comments.

@Nestor - When you try to load MRP screen, odoo tries to load the default values into the form, so even when just open the mrp form view for creating new record, the "name" field i.e the sequence as per you, is generated, so even if you don't save the record that sequence is already generated and in that case if you cancel the record and try to create another one, it will give you next number/sequence. This is the default behaviour of the many screens in odoo. Although you can override this behaviour. Hope this helps !!.