This question has been flagged

I have defined the work orders in MO. The product is processed in series of operations WRT work centre. Whenever there is a defect in the product I have to scrap it. The issue is that I am unable to scrap the 'FINAL PRODUCT' instead Odoo scraps the 'RAW MATERIAL' which is already consumed in first operation. How do I scrap the 'FINAL PRODUCT' in any operation/process?

Discard
Best Answer

I want to say there is no solution to this. Scrapping under a WO within an MO does not trigger or communicate any demand once raw material is scrapped. To take from Rao's comment above, if you scrap 5 raw materials on an WO, no pick or demand to replace the 5 raw material components for either the WO or MO is generated or communicated. All you can do is continue to process the WO for the full required quantity, and close the MO for the full required quantity. Of course, this would not mimic actuality, as you'd be 5 finished products short. This however won't be reflected in Odoo as the scrap option on a WO is nothing more than superficial, living on its own island, not reflecting inventory or consumed quantities.

Currently I am trying to use automation to trigger a series of work arounds. But this has not proved fruitful so far and with the current build, probably not possible.

Discard
Best Answer

You can scrap the finished product after you have marked the MO as ​Done

Discard
Author

If the product is not up to the mark in between, the product cannot be further processed.

Best Answer

As far as I have been informed, this should be possible in V13

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

If you have to scrap the final product before it is finished , you will have to scrap every component allowed for the product because production problem can come  from one component. Also if the production process is finished and you have to scrap the components , its not possible as they are not available anymore for further manufacturing.

Thanks,

Discard
Author

I have tried, scrapping the raw material. Say I am manufacturing 100 products (1 raw material to produce each product ) out of which I have scrapped 5 raw materials, so after finishing the MO the quantity produced (quantity on hand) should be 95 products not 100.